Audio mini-stop bug

When i start a youtube video on discord in the browser sound and video starts as usual but the video and audio freeze for half a second just after it starts and then it works normally. This experience feels bad when im hearing different audio sources so how can this be fixed? I’m using unstable branch and kernel 5.9 stable release.

Edit: It happens with youtube videos on youtube itself also and on VLC when starting a video/song.

please post system information

inxi -Fazy

and Pulseaudio information

pacmd dump
pacmd list-cards

and when i left a discord voice chat, youtube did the ministop for half a second and then work again. all sounds are affecting each other.

suggest you try removing Pulseaudio module to suspend input and output devices when idle
the module has sometimes been the cause of audio problems when devices return from suspend state

pacmd unload-module module-suspend-on-idle

The module will be reloaded if Pulseaudio or system is restarted, but it can be disabled permanently by editing pulseaudio configuration file /etc/pulse/default.pa if audio works better without it

sudo nano /etc/pulse/default.pa

find this line in the file
load-module module-suspend-on-idle
and add a ‘#’ at beginning of the line to deactivate it
#load-module module-suspend-on-idle

It sadly did not change it at all

please post response to

pulseaudio --dump-conf | grep deferred

enable-deferred-volume = yes
deferred-volume-safety-margin-usec = 8000
deferred-volume-extra-delay-usec = 0

I reinstalled manjaro and don’t have it any more though (That command ^ is from the working manjaro). It was broken on the manjaro install where i installed pipewire-pulse and pipewire-jack packages so i think pipewire broke it permanently because it was even broken after the pipewire bridges were uninstalled…

Edit:

I still seem to get a problem that youtube sometimes causes small ministops when its on at the same time as VLC playing sound.

It seems like it happens with only VLC by itself also. I think i got some kind of problem still.

As far as I know there are a only a few people who claim to have pipewire working with JACK but not PulseAudio, but I have not seen anything substantive about it yet

Ye pipewire pulseaudio doesn’t seem stable, audio is still cracking on a completly fresh manjaro though but i guess audio is being worked on heavily right now.