Asus AC56 usb wireless not detected

Hello All,

New user to this distro! As the title suggests my wireless adapter is not being detected on my computer while on Manjaro. However, it runs perfectly fine when I am on Windows. I am rather confused as to what to do, and I would greatly appreciate some help on what to do. Thank you.

Hi!
Go to manjaro settings/hardware and check if there any driver for your dongle.
If not, you need to now what chip uses the usb wifi. Run inxi -N to figure it out

Hello visone!
Thank you for responding so quickly! I’ve ran the snippet that you suggested, and here are the specs.
ASUSTek USB-AC56 802.11a/b/gn/ac Wireless Adapter [Realtek RTL8812AU]
type: USB driver: usb-network.
Quick question where would I go under the settings or the hardware to check for the drivers?

Hi!
If I remember right you need to install rtl8812au-dkms from AUR repos

Hey visone!

I checked the hardware configurations and I did not find the drivers or the dongle for the wireless usb. Where would I go to install rtl8812au-dkms from AUR repos? Would this be in the Konsole? Thank you for your help!

Hi!
Go to the update manager aplications, preferences, enable AUR. Then you can search that driver from the package manager or from terminal.
Package manager

1. Search the package and install it
    Terminal
  2. Update your system and Install AUR helper
    sudo pacman -Syu yay
  3. Install driver
    yay -S rtl8812-dkms

Hey visone!

I guess I’m still having some trouble. I was able to enable AUR, but I’m still having some trouble. The search function is not able to find any of the relevant drivers, and when I tried typing in the first snippet into the terminal I errors. This is frustrating.

Hi!
Can you post the output of your command. Copi the text and paste here using the <> button