[ARM Unstable Update] 2024-05-14 - Toolchain, Python 3.12, LxQT 2.0, Gnome 46.1

Hi ARM Community,

after a long period of time ALARM managed to sync to a more current toolchain with Arch x86 again. Additionally this sync includes also Python 3.12 updates, Gnome 46.1, LxQT 2.0, Systemd 255.6 to name a few.

A full list of updates can be found here. Based on this nature of this update we expect BROKEN INSTALLs and partly NON-BOOTING. If you need a working system and you are on arm-unstable, switch to arm-testing instead or help us to report issues and missing parts on our end, if you’re brave enough.

Additional Info

Python 3.12 info

:information_source: You will need to rebuild any AUR Python packages that install files to site-packages or link to libpython3.11.so. :information_source:

Print a list of of packages that have files in /usr/lib/python3.11/ :

pacman -Qoq /usr/lib/python3.11/

Rebuild them all at once:*

pamac build $(pacman -Qoq /usr/lib/python3.11)

* Note that if any fail to build, you’ll have to rebuild what’s remaining one or a few at a time.

Use rebuild-detector to see if anything else needs to be rebuilt:

checkrebuild
Info about AUR packages

:warning: AUR (Arch User Repository) packages are neither supported by Arch nor Manjaro. Posts about them in Announcements topics are off-topic and will be flagged, moved or removed without warning.

For help with AUR packages, please create a new topic in AUR and a helpful volunteer may be able to assist you.

2 Likes
pacman -Qoq /usr/lib/python3.11/
pacman-mirrors
python-npyscreen

and filesystem not updated vs arch : 2024.04.07-1 ?

What todo with the warning

/usr/bin/ld: warning: -z pack-relative-relocs ignored

due to change in makepkg.conf

and for @Darksky with new mkinitcpio

-> Running build hook: [kms]
==> WARNING: No module containing the symbol 'drm_privacy_screen_register' found in: 'drivers/platform'

Could you update rpi5-eeprom

ok, Pi4/sway -Syu All packages updated, brave man :100:

1 Like

Looks like just a warning looking for some thing that does not exist. To tell you the truth I have not heard of any arm device that has a privacy_screen. I removed the kms hook a while back from mkinitcpio.conf because of warnings associated with it being there so I am not seeing it here. I am thinking the privacy_screen addition added a while back has more to do with x86.

rpi4-eeprom-20240513-2 pushed to unstable

What todo with the warning

/usr/bin/ld: warning: -z pack-relative-relocs ignored

This should now be compatible with the new toolchain. If it is truly just a warning ignore it but if your compile errors out then you will have to adjust your PKGBUILD.

Things I found here with the upgrade with Manjaro packages that needs a rebuild:

python:

packagekit (manjaro)
pacman-mirrors (manjaro)
python-npyscreen (manjaro)
The kodi packages needs a rebuild

libphonenumber-nemo needs a rebuild because of abseil-cpp=20240116.1 upgrade.

sudo pacman -Syu return “nothing to do”.

sudo pacman-mirrors --fasttrack && sudo pacman -Syu

Also NO updates.

Edit: 2024-05-16.
Device: GT King Pro
Desktop: KDE Plasma

Successfully upgraded and rebooted successfully. Chromium_v125 still has issue with “–ozone-platform=wayland”.

Thank you.