Hello ARM community.
Gnome 43 is here! Please test it, so we can get it into Stable branch without issues.
- Most of our kernels got updated
- Gnome updated to 43.0
- Firefox updated to 106.0.4
- Thunderbird updated to 102.4.2
- KDE Gear applications updated to 22.08.3
- Lots of Mobile specific packages got updated
- Many python packages got updated
How to get Waydroid working
If you follow these steps, you should have Waydroid working fine.
Remember, Waydroid only works on wayland!
waydroid-imageand all it’s dependencies.
- You should now be able to launch Waydroid. The first launch takes a while.
How to use Kodi RPI on Manjaro ARM
If anyone wants to test kodi on the rpi, install these packages:
sudo pacman -S kodi-rpi kodi-rpi-dev kodi-rpi-eventclients kodi-rpi-tools-texturepacker libcec-rpi linux-rpi4 xf86-video-fbdev
This means the kodi.service file need to replace whatever login manager you have installled. In my case I would:
sudo systemctl disable lightdm.service
sudo systemctl enable kodi.service
They recommend removing custom configs in config.txt. We ran into an issue if a value was set with gpu_mem=.
My config.txt with a bit of overclocking:
over_voltage=5 arm_freq=2000 #gpu_mem=64 #disable this initramfs initramfs-linux.img followkernel kernel=kernel8.img arm_64bit=1 disable_overscan=1 #enable sound dtparam=audio=on hdmi_drive=2 #enable vc4 dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d,cma-512 #max_framebuffers=2 #disable cause kodi uses more disable_fw_kms_setup=1
The default user will be kodi
kodi home directory will be /var/lib/kodi
So put test video in /var/lib/kodi/Videos so you can get to it
after setting up the video directory in kodi.
If you used the Manjaro ARM Installer or is using PinePhone or PineTab, you need to redo your passwords, because of an update to
Arch Linux - News: Sorting out old password hashes
ghostxps requires manual intervention (if you have these installed):
Arch Linux - News: ghostpcl>=9.53.2-2 and ghostxps>=9.53.2-2 updates require manual intervention
nss package requires manual intervention:
Arch Linux - News: nss>=3.51.1-1 and lib32-nss>=3.51.1-1 updates require manual intervention
firewalld requires manual intervention:
Arch Linux - News: hplip 3.20.3-2 update requires manual intervention
Arch Linux - News: firewalld>=0.8.1-2 update requires manual intervention
(Tue Nov 8 19:20:03 CET 2022)
- arm-testing community aarch64: 354 new and 336 removed package(s)
- arm-testing core aarch64: 26 new and 26 removed package(s)
- arm-testing extra aarch64: 767 new and 750 removed package(s)
- arm-testing kde-unstable aarch64: 404 new and 405 removed package(s)
We are in need of testers for our arm-testing and arm-unstable branches.
So if you are adventurous and want newer software quicker, we would love for you to help us test out the new packages in arm-testing branch.
All you have to do to switch to this branch is:
- Run this command to switch branch:
sudo pacman-mirrors -aS testing && sudo pacman -Syyu. This will generate a new mirrorlist for you, sync your databases with the new mirror and update your system using the arm-testing branch.
We would then love for you to give feedback in our update posts in #arm:testing-updates. That way we can better find and fix bugs, before they hit arm-stable branch. Thank you!
- No issue, everything went smoothly
- Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself. (Please post your solution)
- Yes i am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)
Check if your mirror has already synced: