[ARM Testing Update] 2021-11-26 - SignalRS, Electron and kernels

Thanks for this. Adding it.

Are you on Testing branch or Unstable branch? ICU update is only on unstable branch.

unstable.
qt5-webengine 5.15.7-2 has not the libQt5WebEngineCore.so.5 inside (the package is 1,4mo vs 41 for 5.15.7-1)
and calibre is looking after icu 69 vs 70

We get qt5-webengine directly from Arch ARM and theirs is also 1,4 MB in size. So it must be an issue on their end.

Sounds like calibre-editor is not in the repo or in AUR. What package is this from exactly?
If it’s calibre then it indeed has not been rebuilt by Arch ARM since the ICU update.

the package is the editor of calibre (2021-11-27T16:11:35+0100] [ALPM] upgraded calibre (5.32.0-1 → 5.32.0-2)

ebook-edit 
Failed to import PyQt module: PyQt5.QtWebEngineCore with error: libicui18n.so.69: Ne peut ouvrir le fichier d'objet partagé: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/ebook-edit", line 21, in <module>
    sys.exit(ebook_edit())
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui_launch.py", line 104, in ebook_edit
    from calibre.gui2.tweak_book.main import main
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/tweak_book/main.py", line 11, in <module>
    from qt.webengine import QWebEngineUrlScheme
ImportError: cannot import name 'QWebEngineUrlScheme' from 'qt.webengine' (/usr/lib/calibre/qt/webengine.py)

it’s after downgrading qt5-webengine

Looks like both Calibre and qt5-webengine needs a proper rebuild against the new ICU from Arch ARM side.

1 Like

Hi,

Odroid C4 KDE up to date. Something go wrong with samba (like on x86) I solved it.

Odroid N2 not tested for the moment

Personally I would have let 2021-11-21 update sit for a while. Now we are in this ICU limbo …

Seems the needed packages are in arm-unstable. After some other packages we have in our queue we might do another testing snap.

arm-unstable icu
icu-69.1-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz ok
icu-70.1-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz is bad for qt5 packages

Which is why icu 70.1 is still only in Unstable branch.

Hmm, seems I see it now. Then why post issues from unstable to this thread. Let me open one for Unstable then.

maybe this?

Still getting the error that /etc/udev/rules.d/99-vcio-rewrite.rules exists and halts the updates. Removing the file and re-starting the update resolves the issue.

I just upgraded here and also ran into the error.

It’s weird that it’s still the case.

I’ve made a pre_upgrade() section in the .install file for the package, which should remove that file if it exists, before upgrading…

Does the file conflicts check occur before pre_install() scripts run?

It might happen before. If it does, I don’t know how to get around it.

Not sure if this is possible or desired. But what is required is the appending of a line to the file, rather than replace the file …

echo 'SUBSYSTEM=="vc-sm", GROUP="video", MODE="0660"` >> /etc/udev/rules.d/99-vcio-rewrite.rules

That will make the file if it does not exist and append to it, if it does.

What I want, is for a package to actually own the file.

This will deliver what you want, but you may not like it. :wink:

sed -i -e 's/etc\/mkinitcpio.d\/linux-rpi4.preset/etc\/mkinitcpio.d\/linux-rpi4.preset\netc\/udev\/rules.d\/99-vcio-rewrite.rules/' /var/lib/pacman/local/linux-rpi4-*/files

Edit: Better to find the file and be explicit, but you get the idea.