Hello ARM community.
Sorry for the long wait, but this is a huge update in preparation for our 22.12 release!
Image from Linux 9to5
- Most of our kernels got updated
- Plasma Mobile Gear updated to 22.11
- Box64 updated to 2.0.0
- Cinnamon desktop updated to 5.6
- LXQT updated to 1.2.0
- SystemD updated to 252.2
- OpenSSL updated to 3.0.7
- Firefox updated to 107.0.1
- Plasma Frameworks updated to 5.100
- Plasma updated to 5.26.4
- LibreOffice updated to 7.4.3
- Thunderbird updated to 102.5.1
- Lots of updated packages for our Mobile offerings
- The regular Python updates
- And regular updates from upstream
Gnome 43 theme changes
Gnome 43 changes how themes are applied to the system, so when upgrading you might notice something is off with the theming.
We have tried to make it easy to get a pretty good theme going when updating, but it does require a few steps.
gradience. But you will need to set your own colors in Gradience after it’s installed.
- Open Gradience and import this preset (link will follow) and Apply it.
How to get Waydroid working
If you follow these steps, you should have Waydroid working fine.
Remember, Waydroid only works on wayland!
waydroid-imageand all it’s dependencies.
- You should now be able to launch Waydroid. The first launch takes a while.
How to use Kodi RPI on Manjaro ARM
If anyone wants to test kodi on the rpi, install these packages:
sudo pacman -S kodi-rpi kodi-rpi-dev kodi-rpi-eventclients kodi-rpi-tools-texturepacker libcec-rpi linux-rpi4 xf86-video-fbdev
This means the kodi.service file need to replace whatever login manager you have installed. In my case I would:
sudo systemctl disable lightdm.service
sudo systemctl enable kodi.service
They recommend removing custom configs in config.txt. We ran into an issue if a value was set with gpu_mem=.
My config.txt with a bit of overclocking:
over_voltage=5 arm_freq=2000 #gpu_mem=64 #disable this initramfs initramfs-linux.img followkernel kernel=kernel8.img arm_64bit=1 disable_overscan=1 #enable sound dtparam=audio=on hdmi_drive=2 #enable vc4 dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d,cma-512 #max_framebuffers=2 #disable cause kodi uses more disable_fw_kms_setup=1
The default user will be kodi
kodi home directory will be /var/lib/kodi
So put test video in /var/lib/kodi/Videos so you can get to it
after setting up the video directory in kodi.
Removing python2 from the repositories
If you used the Manjaro ARM Installer or is using PinePhone or PineTab, you need to redo your passwords, because of an update to
Arch Linux - News: Sorting out old password hashes
Chromium will loose sync support in early March:
Arch Linux - News: Chromium losing Sync support in early March
ghostpcl>=9.53.2-2 and ghostxps>=9.53.2-2 updates require manual intervention:
Arch Linux - News: ghostpcl>=9.53.2-2 and ghostxps>=9.53.2-2 updates require manual intervention
zn_poly packages requires manual intervention:
Arch Linux - News: nss>=3.51.1-1 and lib32-nss>=3.51.1-1 updates require manual intervention
Arch Linux - News: zn_poly 0.9.2-2 update requires manual intervention
firewalld requires manual intervention:
Arch Linux - News: hplip 3.20.3-2 update requires manual intervention
Arch Linux - News: firewalld>=0.8.1-2 update requires manual intervention
(Sun Dec 11 19:43:07 CET 2022)
- arm-stable community aarch64: 2134 new and 2062 removed package(s)
- arm-stable core aarch64: 138 new and 140 removed package(s)
- arm-stable extra aarch64: 1025 new and 1035 removed package(s)
- arm-stable kde-unstable aarch64: 403 new and 404 removed package(s)
See the full package list here
We are in need of testers for our arm-testing and arm-unstable branches.
So if you are adventurous and want newer software quicker, we would love for you to help us test out the new packages in arm-testing branch.
All you have to do to switch to this branch is:
- Run this command to switch branch:
sudo pacman-mirrors -aS testing && sudo pacman -Syyu. This will generate a new mirrorlist for you, sync your databases with the new mirror and update your system using the arm-testing branch.
We would then love for you to give feedback in our update posts in #manjaro-arm:arm-testing-updates. That way we can better find and fix bugs, before they hit arm-stable branch. Thank you!
- No issue, everything went smoothly
- Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself. (Please post your solution)
- Yes i am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)
Check if your mirror has already synced: