[ARM Stable Update] 2021-06-18 - Pacman 6, Plasma 5.22, PlaMo Gear 21.06, Firefox 89, Gnome 40.2 and Kernels

Odroid N2 kde up to date.

1)I apply with pacman this command

sudo pacman -Rdd lib32-libcanberra-pulse lib32-libcanberra-gstreamer libcanberra-pulse libcanberra-gstreamer``

2)up date the os with pamac.

Beelink GT King Pro, up to date with had few warnings but updates proceeded successfully.

:: Starting full system upgrade...
:: Replace libcanberra-pulse with extra/libcanberra? [Y/n] Y
warning: libtool: local (2.4.6+44+gb9b44533-14) is newer than core (2.4.6+42+gb88cebd5-15)
:: Replace mntray with community/matray? [Y/n] Y
:: Replace qca with extra/qca-qt5? [Y/n] Y
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages..

WARNING: Non-backwards compatible changes to ALSA require restarting of audio engines (e.g. pulseaudio or pipewire) using it.

(230/231) upgrading sudo                           [######################] 100%
warning: directory permissions differ on /etc/sudoers.d/

Operating System: Manjaro-ARM
KDE Plasma Version: 5.22.1
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.83.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.12.11-1-MANJARO-ARM (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 6 × 
Memory: 3.7 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mali G52

Somehow again, Plasma-Wayland sessions does not work. Just hang/freeze at Login Greeting Screen. Is there a way to rectify this?

Hi @nl.smart,

Are you able to login to Plasma-Wayland session on Odroid N2?

Hi,

Yes I did in the past for the n2 kde, I don’t use it permanently (vnc don’t support it for the moment, but for sure in the future)
take care, some soft are not able to run with wayland for the moment.

First, install wayland

secondly, select and active wayland on boot

Does this mean have to set it as Automatic Login as Plasma-Wayland? I have already installed plasma-wayland-session module and on the Login Greeting Screen, can select Plasma (Wayland). Just that if select Plasma (Wayland) and enter password it will just freeze and need to power cycle to get it to reboot. With Plasma (X11) I can login and works just NOT Plasma (Wayland).

Worried if I set automatic login as Plasma (Wayland) it could lead to a situation where I cannot access to Manjaro Desktop as it might just freeze as it is happening now. Unless the Login Screen (SDDM) settings is NOT for automatic login.

No, You don’t need to set the auto login at boot.

So, I test wayland without the auto login at boot, wayland is working.

on boot you have to select your graphic session, plasma wayland

graphic session with x11

[nln2@n2 ~]$ inxi -G
Graphics:  Device-1: meson-g12a-vpu driver: meson_drm v: kernel 
           Device-2: meson-g12a-mali driver: panfrost v: kernel 
           Device-3: meson-g12a-dw-hdmi driver: meson_dw_hdmi v: kernel 
           Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.11 driver: loaded: modesetting s-res: 1920x1080 
           Message: Unable to show advanced data. Required tool glxinfo missing. 
[nln2@n2 ~]$ 

graphic session with wayland

[nln2@n2 ~]$ inxi -G
Graphics:  Device-1: meson-g12a-vpu driver: meson_drm v: kernel 
           Device-2: meson-g12a-mali driver: panfrost v: kernel 
           Device-3: meson-g12a-dw-hdmi driver: meson_dw_hdmi v: kernel 
           Display: wayland server: X.Org 1.21.1.1 driver: loaded: modesetting s-res: 1920x1080 
           Message: Unable to show advanced data. Required tool glxinfo missing. 
[nln2@n2 ~]$ 

@JFL have a look here, I found my first test with wayland on the n2

Thanks will try out your suggestion without autologin but set as your suggestion.

Edit:
Hi @nl.smart, “System Settings”, “Startup and Shutdown”, “Login Screen (SDDM)”, “Behavior” but cannot apply Plasma (Wayland) unless select Automatically log in and Apply the settings.

Else it revert back to Plasma (X11) once I leave the settings.

The above does not reflect the actual situation as it will revert back to Plasma (X11) unless I select the “Automatically log in”

Hi @Strit,

FYI info, just found out Bluetooth did not work after update to latest Stable. BCM4356A2.hcd file is missing from /usr/lib/firmware/brcm folder.

numpy broke, cannot find libblas.so.3

Fixed:
in /usr/lib/
ls -l
libblas.so → libopenblasp-r0.3.15.so
and
libblas.so.3 does not exist
whereas
libopenblas.so → libopenblas_armv8p-r0.3.15.so
libopenblas.so.3 → libopenblas_armv8p-r0.3.15.so

commands used:
sudo rm libblas.so
sudo ln -s libopenblas_armv8p-r0.3.15.so libblas.so
sudo ln -s libopenblas_armv8p-r0.3.15.so libblas.so.3

Nota bene: I am an inexperienced user, so use your experience to alter above as required.

I did a sudo pacman -Syu, accepted all the default changes and everything went smoothly. However, I have not customized my system much yet. It’s mostly Manjaro Fusion “as shipped.”

openblas has been a problem in upstream for quite a while now. I wonder why the package maintainer in Arch ARM has not done anything. It was even reported on their forum a while ago.

Hello, no more complete syntax highlighting under fish shell on tmux/byobu. No more light or dark blue colors, only some sorte of dark cyan color. Red, green and yellow seem OK.

fish -v
fish, version 3.2.2
byobu -v
byobu version 5.133
tmux 3.2a

Fish’s syntax highlighting without tmux/byobu is OK.

Seem to be a tmux’s problem because no update for fish or byobu this time, only tmux. I send a bug report to Tmux developers.

This is not a tmux issue, it seems. After reboot, complete color scheme works properly under X, but not in tty.

In tty, syntax highlighting do not work properly, some colors are missing.

msgcat --color=test

In tty only 7 colors plus black, white, and grey (10 colors).

When switching to testing branch with sudo pacman-mirrors -aS testing && sudo pacman -Syyu Seems to be taking forever ::WARNING https://repo.manjaro.org 'Connection: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='repo.manjaro.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: / (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0xffff84b5ec70>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name or service not known'))' I tried sudo pacman -Rdd lib32-libcanberra-pulse lib32-libcanberra-gstreamer libcanberra-pulse libcanberra-gstreamer but none of those existed anyone got any ideas?

Unable to switch testing-branch

HTTPSConnectionPool(host='repo.manjaro.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: / (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0xffff84b5ec70>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name or service not known'))

Anyone?

sudo pacman-mirrors -aS arm-testing

I’m using a Raspberry Pi 4 B and I’m not able to boot into my machine.

I did the update, rebooted and ssh into my machine again. After a few short minutes, it froze, I wasn’t able to issue anything through ssh, use any of the services running in there, not even ping the machine, it’s like it was disconnected but everything was physically the same.

After pulling the power cable and putting it back in again nothing happens, both lights (red and yellow if I’m not mistaken) near the USB type C connector are solid on.

Because I have an issue reading the SD card on my Linux machine I booted into Windows and using an ext4 reader checked the SD card and there was no folder extlinux in /boot, in fact there’s nothing in /boot itself because it’s all in a different partition, but there’s no extlinux folder on that partition.

The SD card seems to be fine and both the RPI and SD card are between one to two years old and I’ve never did anything that would cause unnecessary wear.

Any tips on how to proceed the debugging?

1 Like

I upgraded in the stable branch on 2 different pi4 devices with no issue.

Might be an underling reason why you are having issues. Might be some corruption.

There is nothing there on the root fs when viewing the root file system not booted up. The boot partition gets mounted there during the boot process. Also there is no uboot with our pi kernels so no extlinux folder will ever be present.

No the issue in due to drivers in my Linux machine, I can’t read any SD card from it.

How do I check for corruption of the SD card in Windows? I’m going to get one of those USB to SD card reader adapters soon anyways, I really can’t make the built in laptop reader to work regardless of what I do.

Does the fact that the light stay on give any relevant information? From what I’ve picked up online the red one is for power and the yellow one for the SD card, which always flashed a lot during the boot process, as it should because there’s a lot of IO going on, but now it just stay solid, so it might very well be the SD card.

TTYs do not support UTF-8 anymore.

For example:

printf "\u20AC"

do not print € but ?^J or ?? or ?, according to shell or multiplexer.

Someone to confirm the bug?

TTY2 available with ctrl+alt+2. ctrl+alt+7 to return to graphical interface.

1 Like