[ARM Stable Update] 2021-03-09 - LibreOffice, Pamac, KDE Applications, Mobile and Kernels

Ok, Thanks for your answer, the improvement is significant, nice job !

Is it now possible to have the sound with the C2, N2 Or C4 ?
I mean with the hdmi slot.

On youtube the video are now fluid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4NXxY4maYc

Yeah. HDMI sound should be possible. It should detect the sound card in Plasma now at least.

For the 3 devices ? C2, N2 and C4 ?
If the answer is yes it is great, I have time to test it on the c4 (testing up date) this morning

I would like to second this. I have had the same issue. The lock screen can only be set through the top menu, not the power button. This is a fairly big security issue and also means the phone will activate itself in the pocket if the power button is pressed. Any fixes here would be great.

This is the output of journalctl after the power button is pressed:

Mar 10 20:05:59 manjaro-arm systemd-logind[3681]: Power key pressed.
Mar 10 20:05:59 manjaro-arm phoc[3750]: [backend/drm/drm.c:971] Skipping pageflip on output 'DSI-1'
Mar 10 20:05:59 manjaro-arm gnome-session[3834]: gnome-session-binary[3834]: WARNING: Could not get session path for session. Check that logind is properly installed and pam_systemd i>
Mar 10 20:05:59 manjaro-arm gnome-session-binary[3834]: WARNING: Could not get session path for session. Check that logind is properly installed and pam_systemd is getting used at log>
Mar 10 20:06:00 manjaro-arm gsd-color[4007]: unable to get EDID for xrandr-DSI-1: unable to get EDID for output
Mar 10 20:06:00 manjaro-arm phoc[3750]: event2  - Goodix Capacitive TouchScreen: client bug: event processing lagging behind by 13ms, your system is too slow
Mar 10 20:06:05 manjaro-arm gnome-calls[4144]: gtk_application_uninhibit: assertion 'cookie > 0' failed
Mar 10 20:06:05 manjaro-arm gsd-usb-protect[4020]: Error calling USBGuard DBus to change the protection after a screensaver event: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknow>
Mar 10 20:06:06 manjaro-arm systemd-logind[3681]: Power key pressed.
Mar 10 20:06:06 manjaro-arm gsd-color[4007]: unable to get EDID for xrandr-DSI-1: unable to get EDID for output
Mar 10 20:06:08 manjaro-arm systemd-logind[3681]: Power key pressed.
Mar 10 20:06:08 manjaro-arm phoc[3750]: [backend/drm/drm.c:971] Skipping pageflip on output 'DSI-1'
Mar 10 20:06:08 manjaro-arm gsd-color[4007]: unable to get EDID for xrandr-DSI-1: unable to get EDID for output

Sound test on the odroid C4, HDMI slot on TV.
No output or input devices found on the Odroid C4 Kde.

Now I test it on the odroid N2 Kde…
Same result with the Odroid N2, no sound.

The devices are working well, for sure ! Thanks a lot to the dev.
:+1:
Enjoy !

Do you have the post-install package correctly installed?
If so, try activating sound.service like:
sudo systemstl enable --now sound.service

Hi,

I am using Pine H64, and update went smoothly. But I have one remark. I have installed Manjaro minimal on H64 using manjaro-arm-installer, and bluetooth was not working. Then I found the thread on pine64 forum with title “Mainline Status of the H64” (it does not let me to paste a link to the post), where user roel shared his sun50i-h6-pine-h64-model-b.dtb. And with that dtb file bluetooth works. Is it possible to to include it in manjaro installation, so that I don’t have to overwrite that file after every kernel update?

Thanks a lot.

Best way to get it included, is to get the patches needed, submitted and included into linux source tree.

Hey folks, ive noticed that after two (with this one) big updates ago my pbp (plasma) started crashing. In particular kwin started crashing alot and this slowing and or pausing/freezing things. I updated to this one to see if that would resolve it but to no avail. I wemt on ahead and even installed linux-pinebookpro and installed libdrm-pinebookpro as well to see if that will do it but it didn’t. I noticed these kwin crashes when i decide to edit my panel or call on the applications menu or call on krunner, the window boerders go away and sometimes the desktop crashes (black screen) and then comes on again. I tried all the opengl options and nothing works, I momentarily tried xrender but it was so choppy i went to opengl but the problem still persists.

Also; i do have mesa installed yes

1 Like

Wich package is needed before activing the sound service ?

For Odroid N2:
on2-post-install

For Odroid C4:
oc4-post-install

For Odroid C2:
oc2-post-install (I haven’t tested this one, as it was the last one to actually get sound support in the kernel)

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll test it as soon as possible and back with my feedback, have a good day.

It’s already done (I mean by default) on the N2

Hello, just wondering if anyone has had a chance to address this issue @Strit et al? I am still experiencing this issue and am unsure how to solve.

Yes. Then enable sound.service and reboot. Then it should be there. It is on mine.

hola

Sound actived on Odroid C4, it works :-)

(I’ll test it as soon as possible on the Odroid C2)

A last question, what is the state of the graphic drivers for those 3 devices C2, N2 and C4 ?

There is also one more issue on KDE Plasma after this or the one before this one update. When you use the presentation mode for a long time (or maybe not, I’m using it like for hours), then after disabling the presentation mode the screensaver will not work after idle, but screen will turn off eventually when you lock screen manually (e.g. by Super+L).

Updated successfully on GT King Pro and also upgraded linux-vim 5.11.2-1 to linux-vim 5.11.4-1.

Hi,

Something go wrong during the update with an x86 device, is it your repo or the manjaro world repo ?

[nls@nls ~]$ sudo pacman -Syyuu
[sudo] password for nls: 
:: Synchronising package databases...
 core                                  165,7 KiB  1507 KiB/s 00:00 [#####################################] 100%
 extra                                1982,0 KiB  2008 KiB/s 00:01 [#####################################] 100%
 community                               6,6 MiB  2008 KiB/s 00:03 [#####################################] 100%
 multilib                              181,1 KiB  2,11 MiB/s 00:00 [#####################################] 100%
error: failed retrieving file 'manjaro-strit.db' from www.strits.dk : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed to update manjaro-strit (failed to retrieve some files)
error: failed to synchronize all databases
[nls@nls ~]$ 

This after noon I’ll try to test the sound on the Odroid C2…

That’s because I have removed my repo. It no longer contained any useful packages, so you should remove it from your pacman.conf.

Ok, I did remove your repo…

Good news, I did the test, the sound is working on the Odroid C2 hdmi slot plug on tv :-)

hola

1 Like