ARM Laptops and Dev Support

None of us have or support the device you have. If it was me I would start here to come up with a possible workable kernel config with the upstream kernel.

https://www.linaro.org/blog/let-s-boot-the-mainline-linux-kernel-on-qualcomm-devices/

1 Like

To be honest, I googled a lot about the kernel support for my device and already found this thread – and it seems to more describe how to build the kernel for Android partition scheme than something I have on my UEFI ARM laptop. I also know it is at least partially supported at upstream since defconfig even lists my SoC and I’ve seen even Manjaro has been building EFI generic images, which was why I picked it as a base image over Arch or anything else (I’m also more familiar with Arch packaging).

And I know my device is not supported by Manjaro and definitely by most other ARM distros so I appreciate any help and expertise shared here, especially what @spikerguy wrote here. I also see the discussion about linux62-alike kernels unappropriate for this thread, I guess I might open a new one if neccessary. And for now I’ve been using actually the upstream Arch Linux (x64) PKGBUILD with a few modifications to make it possible to cross-compile the package for arm64 (I don’t package dtbs, just like in linux62 package). Having the exact link to the PKGBUILD would help me a lot, but it’s nothing I really need to go further with compiling the kernel, possibly it might be no different that much like linux62 package in x86_64 repos and my modified Arch PKGBUILD + feched 6.2 config might be already all what I need for now.

1 Like

Thanks @SpacingBat3 for doing so much legwork to try and get this working.
I actually just picked up an X13s to get hands on with things also. Let’s sync up off thread.

I wish Lenovo would help get things working. I’m sure it’s not much for them to upstream some of the goodies that would give us an ARM laptop that would really cause some buzz in tech circles.

Please create a separate thread per device so it will be better documented.

A post was split to a new topic: Will Manjaro ARM work on my JOI Book SK3000?