Are there any plans for Manjaro, to create a custom Desktop Environment?

You can customize Xfce to get more Usability. Perhaps not to the extent of KDE Plasma. But you can still do this.

Those are called people. Humans. Usually regular ones, not developers or package maintainers. They expect to see some kind of conventional desktop, by conventional I mean traditional, common, which, according to OS popularity, should be something very similar to Windows.
This is not arguing in any way, I’m just trying to explain that there are different points of view and some are dominant in a way that should be taken into account and not be blindly fought against. We Linux users are often too biased to admit that MS does something right, or, being more certain, that Windows has been dominant for so long that it formed several de-facto standards and common practices that everyone (OK not literally everyone but a lot of people of various generations and ages) expects to see in any modern OS with GUI. It should be worked with, and that starts with dropping of denial approach that we used to have.

2 Likes

I clearly marked it as my opinion - with explanation.
No need to argue about that - and I didn’t and don’t intend to.
Be well! :wink:

You asked a question and openminded answered it. Your question assumes peeps only use the command line or the start menu, so not surprised someone called it out. I think time for the thread to be locked.

The OP’s question has been answered.