Are there any other Manjaro support forums where I can some assistance?

Reading this Strict Forum Rules and guidelines … Its advises …

" Our Pledge

We as members, contributors, and leaders pledge to make participation in our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, visible or invisible disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.

We pledge to act and interact in ways that contribute to an open, welcoming, diverse, inclusive, and healthy community."

With further reading it says

"Our Standards

Examples of behavior that contributes to a positive environment for our community include:

*Demonstrating empathy and kindness toward other people *.. Doesnt feel like it 😔
*Being respectful of differing opinions, viewpoints, and experiences* ... No comment 
*Giving and gracefully accepting constructive feedback* ... Again, no comment
*Accepting responsibility and apologizing to those affected by our mistakes, and learning from the experience.*
***Focusing on what is best not just for us as individuals, but for the overall community**"*

I cant help feel that Im being ignored :roll_eyes: … An answer to my issue would be nice …Even a “sorry we cant help as its not a manjaro problem” is better than total silence. I may have had different opinions to others in the past, but I have never been rude.

Every other site I am getting help from atm… Points me back here :neutral_face: … Whats the point in having a forum where new users go to get help if no one replies?

I jumped from Mint to PopOs n then Manjaro & I like this Os n wish to stick with it … But your standards and pledges seam long gone.

Are there any other Manjaro support forums where I can some assistance?

I’m afraid you completely misunderstand. While this here is the official Manjaro support forum, it is not a corporate support forum with “tickets” that are handled by professionals hired and paid to do so.

The Manjaro forum is entirely manned by unpaid volunteers, none of whom are certified by any official authority for being able to man a help desk. The Manjaro community is made up of individuals who help each other out on a voluntary basis, to the best of their abilities. But not everyone here is an expert on every kind of subject matter.

If your questions have remained unanswered, then it’s because no one here knows how to answer them. Furthermore, the forum also has a built-in search function, which newbies virtually never use, necessitating us to keep on giving the same answers all over again — on a daily basis, even — which gets quite tiresome, while the newbies could have easily found those answers themselves.

2 Likes

I do understand that, but I have no where else to go atm as 7 other sites have all pointed me back here to get help :frowning:

My request for help was originally made over a week ago n then updated 2 days after with all the relevant info you ask for … but still nothing where I can see other users getting responses even if they are told “you cant help” … Hence me feeling ignored.

“Furthermore, the forum also has a built-in search function” … I am using that + Im trying to follow your guides on how to post for help properly … The search is not giving me any results, I did look here before I posted to Github.

Well thx for actually answering … I guess you cannot help tho … Time to re-install the whole Os - Yippee :neutral_face:

I don’t speak for others but for me, I really don’t care who started a thread. It’s the content that matters. If you can’t describe your problem, I would need to spend many minutes to understand what your problem is. Sometimes, I’m motivated to do so, sometimes not :person_shrugging:. This all is voluntary. I rather play with my child than writing for the hundredth time that the OP didn’t give enough information.

What did you try? What failed? Did you give a inxi -Fazy or important entries from journalctl, or package list from pacman/pamac?

And do you really want 50 answers to your post saying “i don’t know”?

1 Like

According to your signature you are not even using Manjaro - so what’s the fuzz?

5.13.9-189-tkg-pds (linux513)

Why should we even bother to understand your issues when you are clearly using another OS?

" this all is voluntary. I rather play with my child than writing for the hundredth time that the OP didn’t give enough information.

What did you try? What failed? Did you give a inxi -Fazy or important entries from journalctl, or package list from pacman/pamac?

I get that … I would rather be in the pub that spend weeks on google trying to resolve this issue. In answer to your question … Yes I actually did … I actually decided to read your forum guides and post them in the way requested … Its all there in the thread.

"And do you really want 50 answers to your post saying “i don’t know”?" …

No I would like someone to point me towards a guide that I obviously haven’t found in the last week n a half that can educate me on how to resolve these module errors myself that I keep getting upon boot.

I do not expect you to spend all day trying to fix an issue of a random dude … Hence me asking how to do it myself … in a guide etc.

I hate to point this out, but everything you have asked me … I have done already :neutral_face: … Hence the inclusion of your pledges and standards :neutral_face: … I moan a bit & confirmation bias has kicked in without even checking to see if maybe I have done the things you think newbies never do :neutral_face:

If your curious …

Happy :roll_eyes:

You are demanding help - that won’t work - theres no member who react well to demands for help.

There are most likely hundreds issues on the topic pulse-effects - from when they changed to easyeffects and pipewire - and as many on virtualbox - and anbox isn’t even in the repos - but a 3rd party custom package which is unsupported.

There’s even a guide on virtualbox - so you are not excused.

Your pulseeffects issue is an unsupported AUR package and so is anbox.

Issues with such custom packages are yours to deal with.

Im not demanding … just asking for basic help.

My Anbox & virtualbox issues have been fixed by another forum.

I am only asking for help with the errors that pop up on my screen upon boot rather than the outputs from the commands that have been requested in your guide.

I have been told by the github peeps that the errors have nothing to do with PEffects, so I should just be-able to remove them … but … I cannot remove the modules that are causing a issue cos other apps use them … thus I am stuck.

I cannot find anything in your search regarding this issue - hence the post & request for further help and how to approach the fix.

Even tho you are not getting paid for this … Keep in mind that someone else out there (who isnt even a part of your team & isnt getting paid either) is willing to show a bit of compassion and try to help … Nayr438 …

I reiterate … What is the point of this “support” forum if all u get are answers like this when u ask for help :roll_eyes:

I’d just like to say that beside forum and telegram (I think) which are official, you also have matrix, discord and few of us are still using irc. Plus there is countless other more general forums, channels, etc., where you could get lucky and find an answer.

[edit: this is just general info, not related to your question, which seems a non issue, plus it’s an aur package]

Thank You!

OMG !
In addition to @linus-aarhus last answer:
I was curious and took a look. So, for a good week you deal with this topic. They advised to run only one sound server. manjaro-pulse or manjaro-pipewire.
…apart from mixing AUR, flatpak and repopkg you just ignore any advice and still running both.
…from your inxi here in the forum:

Audio:
  Device-1: AMD Hawaii HDMI Audio [Radeon R9 290/290X / 390/390X]
    driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel pcie: gen: 2 speed: 5 GT/s lanes: 16
    link-max: gen: 3 speed: 8 GT/s bus-ID: 01:00.1 chip-ID: 1002:aac8
    class-ID: 0403
  Device-2: Creative Labs Sound Core3D [Sound Blaster Recon3D / Z-Series]
    driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel pcie: gen: 1 speed: 2.5 GT/s lanes: 1
    bus-ID: 03:00.0 chip-ID: 1102:0012 class-ID: 0403
  Sound Server-1: ALSA v: k5.15.46-1-MANJARO running: yes
  Sound Server-2: JACK v: 1.9.21 running: no
  Sound Server-3: PulseAudio v: 16.0 running: yes
  Sound Server-4: PipeWire v: 0.3.52 running: yes

…same in your ltt-report

Audio:
  Device-1: AMD Hawaii HDMI Audio [Radeon R9 290/290X / 390/390X]
    driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel pcie: gen: 2 speed: 5 GT/s lanes: 16
    link-max: gen: 3 speed: 8 GT/s bus-ID: 01:00.1 chip-ID: 1002:aac8
    class-ID: 0403
  Device-2: Creative Labs Sound Core3D [Sound Blaster Recon3D / Z-Series]
    driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel pcie: gen: 1 speed: 2.5 GT/s lanes: 1
    bus-ID: 03:00.0 chip-ID: 1102:0012 class-ID: 0403
  Sound Server-1: ALSA v: k5.15.46-1-MANJARO running: yes
  Sound Server-2: JACK v: 1.9.21 running: no
  Sound Server-3: PulseAudio v: 16.0 running: yes
  Sound Server-4: PipeWire v: 0.3.52 running: yes

My advice:
Instead of complaining (and giving info 5 days later) you should delete all extra stuff and start new with either manjaro-pulse or manjaro-pipewire.

Edit: when you have sorted out your s#!7 and have a clean setup, you may ask a competent person like @nikgnomic (a sound guru, btw) to assist you in what you want to archive (if possible).

2 Likes

Answers like that strike a good vibe in me - Thank you!

Even tho you have pointed out that am in fact doing a lot of things wrong … Plain advice like this is welcomed … It gives me a route to work on :+1:t2:

Again … Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like