[Architect] Unresolvable package conflicts detected: util-linux-libs and libutil-linux

Hey guys,

I have been trying to install Manjaro using the latest (20.0.3-200607) manjaro-architect release but keep running into an issue with package conflicts.

Now this happens after first signing up, then entering “sudo setup” and finally setting up an internet connection (Wi-Fi in my case). The process goes through a few transactions mainly updating its databases and all but then fails shortly after printing “…connecting to GitHub!”.

Packages (1) hardcode-fixer-1:r543.0321910-1

Total Download Size: 0.02 MiB
Total Installed Size: 0.01 MiB
Net Upgrade Size: 0.00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n]
:: Retrieving packages...
error: failed retrieving file 'hardcode-fixer-1:r543.0321910-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.upb.edu.co : Failed to connect to mirror.upb.edu.co port 80: Connection timed out
error: failed retrieving file 'hardcode-fixer-1:r543.0321910-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.netzspielplatz.de : SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired
downloading hardcode-fixer-1:r543.03219.10-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst...
checking keyring...
checking package integrity...
loading package files...
checking for file conflicts...
checking available disk space...
:: Processing package changes...
upgrading hardcode-fixer...
:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/1) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
==> revert hardcode-fixer changes
This will undo all changes previously made.
Choosing host for updates... connected to GitHub!
:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/1) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...

resolving package dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
:: util-linux-libs and libutil-linux are in conflict. Remove libutil-linux [y/N]
error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
:: util-linux-libs and libutil-linux are in conflict
launching Manjaro Architect...
sudo: manjaro-architect: command not found
[manjaro@manjaro-architect ~]$

I have tried rebooting, changing flash drives, changing computers even! But nothing seems to work. I have then tried creating a bootable driver for Manjaro Architect 20.0.1, but I get the exact same problem.

Does anyone know what is going on and how I can fix this?

2 Likes

Architect is available on any ISO, you’ll want to download a newer one like 20.2.1.

3 Likes

That worked, thank you!

I would have preferred using the more lightweight Manjaro Architect ISO, do you know why it hasn’t been updated in parallel with the other ISOs?

1 Like

I’m not sure, perhaps @Chrysostomus could answer that one.

Same here. I just want to setup a small web server on a VM, and I don’t want to download 2G+ of stuff I don’t want.

Same issue here. Thank you for the workaround! Please consider not linking to the “broken” ISO until a fixed version is available.

Do pacman -Syyu without replacing linux56 packages worked for me.

After system upgrade setup work

A workaround for it exists by installing libutil-linux by pacman:

pacman -S libutil-linux

Then it will ask if it should remove the other package.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.