Apps freeze regularly

Since a few weeks, I noticed Firefox freezes regularly (around 5 times a day).

This happens also to the following apps:

• VSCode
  • Obsidian

Symptoms:

• App is non-responsive when on the proper i3wm window
  • If I switch to another window, no worries
  • If I switch back to the buggy app window, the screen keeps displaying current window

For Firefox, I think it’s not Firefox itself that’s crashing, because sometimes I have music playing in the browsers and it keeps playing even when the app is non responsive.

I tried to see what’s going on with journalctl or by launching Firefox in debug mode but nothing comes up ($ firefox -g -d gdb).

Does anyone know how I couldl debug this issue? To me it looks more related to the window manager.
Thank you!

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

1. Please read this:
    How to provide good information
    and post some more information so we can see what’s really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies… :grin:
  2. An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information for us to be able to help you. (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)
    Also, please copy-paste that output in-between 3 backticks ``` at the beginning and end of the code/text.

:+1:

P.S. If you enter a bit more details in your profile, we can also see which Desktop Environment you’re using, which exact CPU/GPU or Kernel, … you have without typing it every time