Applicatons showing up on my lock screen

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I have been using Manjaro/Gnome for the last month or two and it has been absolutely awesome!

One thing that is befuddling me is that when I lock my screen, or when I am logging into my computer, I see my username and a box to enter my password in the middle of the screen.

At the bottom of the screen, there are two rectangles with an application icon and description in them. They are the add/remove software app, and handbrake. What are they doing there? Are they indicating something? I don’t even know how to describe the issue clearly enough to search for an answer.

Many thank for your help with this strange issue. Other than this, and its not a problem really, everything else is going swimmingly.

Regards
–Pete

Sounds like you have Notifications appearing on your lock screen. I personally am not a fan as they wake up my monitor as they come in. You could try turning off Notifications appearing on your lock screen in Settings->Notifications->Lock Screen Notifications switch.

Hope that helps, and welcome to the forums!

1 Like

BTW - this forum software is very snazzy. :grinning:

Thank you! That was it. What confused me is that it wasn’t clear what the notifications were, and I didn’t see any notifications anywhere else. But its gone now and I am happy, thank you very much.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.