Anyone run into the GLFW error 65543 in Minecraft 1.17 w/o having NVIDIA?

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

First time poster, and apologies if this has been covered somewhere else, but I can’t seem to find a solution.

After installing the updated launcher for Minecraft 1.17 (minecraft launcher 921-1), I get the following error code about halfway through loading:

GLFW error 65543: GLX: Failed to create context: GLXBadFBConfig.
Please make sure you have up-to-date drivers (see aka.ms/mcdriver for instructions)

Now, from what I remember, this means that my graphic drivers need a bit of updating, or that my OpenGPL library needs to be updated. All fine and dandy, except for one thing.

I have absolutely no idea how to do either of those in Manjaro.

And to complicate things, I don’t have the standard nvidia graphics set up. Computer and OS specs are thus:

Kernel: Linux 5.10.41.1-Manjaro (x86_64)

Processer: Intel Core Duo CPU E8400
Memory 3860 MB (1039 used)

Display

Resolution: 1400 x 1050 pixels

OpenGL Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel Q45/Q43 (ELK)

Session Display Server: The X-Org Foundation 1.20.11

Audio Adapter: HDA-Intel-HDA Intel

Specific Graphics Information:

-GPUs-
In Use:
drm-card0 : Intel Corporation [2e12] 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller

Driver: i915

And for those playing along, I know that my computer is underpowered, but I literally use it for word processing, internet searches and playing minecraft with my son.

Any of you wonderful people able/willing to help a lady out?

:slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!

Laura

Hello @LauraS :wink:

I fear the required OpenGL Version is higher than your Intel iGPU can provide. To check that, please open a terminal and type:

glxinfo | grep OpenGL

Minecraft needs at least OpenGL Version 4.4: What are the Device Requirements to run Minecraft? – Home

So if you have a lower version, then the only thing you can do is buying a better GPU, which has support for OpenGL 4.5.

Maybe you have hybrid setup and not only a Intel iGPU?

Please check that at the terminal with:

inxi -Gazy

Hi Megavolt –

Oh trust me, my computer is a frankenstein – put together by a computer nerd friend of mine to meet my needs. :slight_smile: However, it does have an Intel iGPU. Sadly, the version of OpenGL is laughingly below what I need.

Right now I’m debating between a new GPU and just letting my friends have fun building me another. I have no idea the cost, or whether the current hardware configuration would handle a new card. It’s just frustrating, because it was literally working the just before the update.

Ah well, guess I’ll see about pricing out some GPUs, and looking for alternatives.

Thanks so much for your help!

Laura

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.