Any symlinks at BTRFS file system dosen't link to their folders at NTFS file system

I have no idea what may have caused these link to malfunction - it would be pure speculation.

The important thing is the result - you should now be able to create functional symlinks and you learned a thing or two on how to keep your disk mounts separated from the system’s folder structure.

I note that “location” at properties all of any links on desktop is / (desktop) but “location” at properties all of that any links on dolphin browser at direction /home/vorobuszek/Desktop is /home/vorobuszek/Desktop and they all works. Is that an useful thread?

The location of the symlink it self may be

~/Desktop

When you create a symlink you specify

• A target
  • A name or destination

The name is what you see e.g. test and the target is where the link takes you e.g. the symlink test in your home takes you to /drives/320_tmp/test

If you do not specifiy a name - the name of the target is used - and this may cause confusion to users not familiar with the concept.

Done! Problem - solved:
Configure Desktop and Walpaper → Location → Custom location → /home/user/Desktop/

I don’t know why and what the difference between Desktop Folder and Custom Location in Configure Desktop and Walpaper, but everything works!

Have I spent an entire thread on the classical xy problem?

The change you made is referring to if the system should should display the content of the default localized name of the Desktop folder or a custom name.

This has absolutely nothing to do with symlinks on btrfs.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.