Any music from rpg maker doesn't work

No really. I used to play Mogeko Castle before and now i face same problem with Black Souls. Music does not play at all. Personally, i have no idea what it could be connected to.
I have installed timidity for midi support but no use.
Fan fact is that all the music is playable via VLC player, so i dont get why i have these troubles running rpg maker games via wine.
Help me please :confused:

What problem?

Did you mean wine?

what you’re talking about.

Please see:

Music is not played at all

ok, problem was in lib32-gst-plugins-good
(adore wine)

The problem was you never shared enough information for anyone to help you.

That’s great you solved it on your own, but this post will never help anyone else.

What @Yochanan is trying to say is:

*Please post an answer to your own question and then mark it as solved like this:
Solution
so the next person that runs into the same problem can benefit from the research you did. :angel:

If unclear, please read this:

Especially section “The Community side of Linux”, subsection “You’re part of a community now”

:wink:

I used to face “sound is not working problem” on wine, but with some magic and lib32-gst-plugins-good i have solved it.
But i still have troubles with midi.

$ WINEPREFIX='/home/qwerty/.wine32' wine Game.exe
0178:fixme:imm:ImeSetActiveContext (00020126, 1): stub
0178:fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0003012E, 00020126): stub
0178:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
"OK:LNX10_バトルă‚čăƒ”ăƒŒăƒ‰èȘżæ•Ž"
0178:err:winediag:MIDIMAP_drvOpen No software synthesizer midi port found, Midi sound output probably won't work.
0178:fixme:quartz:MediaSeeking_SetRate (01151B08/01151B14)->(1.000000): stub !!!
0178:fixme:quartz:MediaSeeking_SetRate (01151B08/01151B14)->(1.000000): stub !!!

I have this line in logs, when i tried to google it, i have find out that nobody seemed to solve it. But if wine is reporting that some software synthesizer does exist, it should, right?
So, where to find it and how to make wine work with midi?

Please copy and paste terminal output here using preformatted text, not screenshots.

Please also see the following:

Please edit your post appropriately.

Have edited

1 Like

Moved new topic to original topic and marked your own solution as the solution already

Still leaving this up for your education

:innocent:

1 Like

its funny how u guys have edited the whole topic, but haven’t offered any solution to the actual problem

Its copypast of my previous topic, where people have made like 10 redacts and havn’t gave any actual solution. Thanks, it was very useful and really(not) solved the problem

Problem: I have this line in wine logs (i mean the line about midi). When i tried to google it, i have find out that nobody seemed to solve it. But if wine is reporting that some software synthesizer does exist, it should, right?
So, where to find it and how to make wine work with midi?

$ WINEPREFIX='/home/qwerty/.wine32' wine Game.exe
0178:fixme:imm:ImeSetActiveContext (00020126, 1): stub
0178:fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0003012E, 00020126): stub
0178:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
"OK:LNX10_バトルă‚čăƒ”ăƒŒăƒ‰èȘżæ•Ž"
0178:err:winediag:MIDIMAP_drvOpen No software synthesizer midi port found, Midi sound output probably won't work.

The line

:point_right: MIDI - WineHQ Wiki
:point_right: Linux wine midi - WineHQ Forums :question:

you have now created three topics (which are now merged here) about the same issue with not enough information and wonder why no one has magically solved your issue.

Since all you have done is cause confusion and wasted everyone’s time trying to help you, this topic will be temporarily hidden (note that users subscribed to the topic can still see it and receive notifications about replies) until you can figure out how to use a support forum. Hint: This is neither an instant messenger nor a social network.

Please learn the difference by reading the following:

1 Like