Any luck with Wine/Box86?

even if I make symlinks to usr/bin/wine instead of usr/local/bin/wine I get the same error when running the chmod to /usr/bin/wine

UPDATE:
I figured out what the issue was.

I had to remove the “~” from the directory path ~/wine/bin/wineboot
So it looks like this below:

sudo ln -s /wine/bin/wine /usr/bin/wine # You could aslo just make a symlink, but box86 only works for 32bit apps at the moment
sudo ln -s /wine/bin/wineboot /usr/bin/wineboot
sudo ln -s /wine/bin/winecfg /usr/bin/winecfg
sudo ln -s /wine/bin/wineserver /usr/bin/wineserver
sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/wine /usr/bin/wineboot /usr/bin/winecfg /usr/bin/wineserver

After figuring that out I now have another issue with the twisterOS box86 even after running
sudo apt-get install libncurses5-dev libncursesw5-dev

Box86 with Dynarec v0.2.5 a3d2443b built on Jan 30 2022 20:13:50
Error initializing native libtinfo.so.5 (last dlerror is libtinfo.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
Error: loading a needed libs in elf libncurses.so.6
Wine cannot find certain functions that it needs inside the ncurses
library.  To enable Wine to use ncurses please upgrade your ncurses
libraries

are
/wine
and
/wine/bin
directories you actually have?

It seems odd to me to want to use these, instead of
/usr/bin/wine_whatever
which is (probably) actually in your $PATH

But I don’t know the first thing about how things work on ARM … I just figured it wouldn’t be very different to x86

yes that is how it installed in Debian in a chroot environment.

I do not understand what you are doing - but that is just the current state of my mind and not a critique!
What I think I understand is that you have installed a Debian system into a chroot accessible under /wine
but I do not know what the symlinks are for as they will be pointing to nowhere from within the chroot
… I think

I wish you good luck and have fun!

(that is me, saying that I have no idea and cannot be helpful here and should better shut it … :wink: )

sorry i am.trying to follow this guide below for box86 twisterOS edition hoping that it works. I keep running into obstacles and yes I dont really know what im doing. But i could confirm the directories are correct. Most of these scripts are just written poorly or expected for a novice linux user to follow. I am learning as I go.

I think either way I got box86 to register but its having issues booting due to some missing libraries. Does anyone know how to proceed?