Any good audio editing software to separate music from vocals?

Hello everyone! I’m new here!
Does anyone know any audio editing software to extract the vocals from any song, or extract the music? I have seen a lot of tutorials about audacity, but every time I try to separate vocals and music, the song remains the same. Also I have tried some websites, but in some songs the result is not so good.
Thanks for your attention, if you know any good software for Manjaro I would love to know it!
Have a good day everyone.

There is no audio editing software (DAW) that can extract vocals from a 2 channel stereo mp3 or wav mixdown.

Someone who works on a music project can share the individual tracks (“stems”) of their project with you or they can create a mixdown of the project were certain tracks are muted, eg the guitar in case you play guitar and want to use the track as a backing track to rehearse a different guitar part.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Thanks for the responding 6x12.
First of all, I am not working in any music production and I dont know anyone who has any of these tracks. I am doing it just for fun by my own.
I used to separate music and vocals from Virtual DJ and I was creating mixes with the Mixpad. Now I am on Manjaro, and I am looking for alternatives to do the same thing. I discovered Ardour which looks a good alternative for Mixpad (a little bit harder in use but I will be used of it), I have Mixxx instead of Virtual DJ, but I cant separate vocals and music. I am asking if there is any audio editing software to help me, OR if there is any package to download to help me with audacity.

This one looks promising:

The Github page provides instructions for installing on an Arch-based system:

For Arch Based (EndeavourOS):

sudo pacman -Syu
sudo pacman -Sy
sudo pacman -S python-pip
sudo pacman -S --noconfirm tk
sudo pacman -S ffmpeg

To bypass environment setup and proceed with the installation, use:

Take caution; this modifies system files.

sudo rm /usr/lib/python3.11/EXTERNALLY-MANAGED

Then proceed with the following in order:

chmod +x install_packages.sh
./install_packages.sh
python UVR.py

This is remarkably silly though.

At the very least, it could be shortened to

sudo pacman -Syu python-pip
sudo pacman -S --noconfirm tk
sudo pacman -S ffmpeg

Though I highly doubt they need to be installed seperately, in that order, and one (in the middle) using noconfirm, but not the others.

And … we dont usually have a good reason for noconfirm.

So it should probably be

sudo pacman -Syu python-pip tk ffmpeg
2 Likes

I recon I learned something here, thanks. Not exactly perfect but handy to pull short samples from old lo-fi recordings.

1 Like

This looks nice. but since last night i try to install it and I cant.
I have updated my system and when I run the command ‘$ chmod +x install_packages.sh’ this is the result:
chmod: cannot access ‘install_packages.sh’: No such file or directory

Anything I can do?

Did you follow the git instructions?
Specifically the opening part where it states

So did you download the release, (decompress archive,) and move to the directory before running the commands?

ex:

wget https://github.com/Anjok07/ultimatevocalremovergui/archive/refs/heads/master.zip
unzip master.zip 
cd ultimatevocalremovergui-master

(then the commands…)

Audacity has an AI plugin (using openVino), but for Linux you have to build it yourself.

As far as I can tell, it is not available in the AUR, yet. OpenVino is, but I haven’t found any entries for the plugin (mod-openvino)