Android phone USB debugging and file transfer issues

When I plug my android phone into my computer the message to allow USB debugging comes up and I hit yes. However my device doesn’t show up in thunar or lf. If I run adb devices it shows up as:

[unixy@unix-MacbookPro ~]$ adb devices

List of devices attached

R58N53YFKWA device

But I can’t find it anywhere else, not in any file manager, not with sudo fdisk -l. Any ideas?

This is not a macOS forum.

PLEASE READ: My first post about this got removed because of some confusion about my machine because my hostname is set as @unix-MacbookPro, however I am actually running Manjaro on a Dell PC, not MacOS, the hostname is just an joke. Anyways onto the post:

When I plug my android phone into my computer the message to allow USB debugging comes up and I hit yes. However my device doesn’t show up in thunar or lf. If I run adb devices it shows up as:

[unixy@unix-MacbookPro ~]$ adb devices

List of devices attached

R58N53YFKWA device

But I can’t find it anywhere else, not in any file manager, not with sudo fdisk -l. Any ideas?

1 Like

A small misunderstanding seems to have transpired, my hostname is only set to @unix-MacbookPro as a joke but I am actually running Manjaro on a Dell PC, not MacOS

OK - I am sorry - I was too quick there :slight_smile:

I actually own a MacBookPro - therefore I have seen how they create the hostname on init - which lead me to believe you were using a MacBook and forum members cannot be expected to know how to use adb on macOS.

No idea - just what I do (under KDE this functionality is also not working ATM, did not investigate…) as alternative:

I use adb push/pull on the command line.
This is also recommended as more reliable by some gurus on XDA.

Oke that is one way, but why use USB-debug and adb when mtp is also an option if you have installed gvfs-mtp that is and all you want to do is a simple file transfer.

To be able to use USB debugging you need to add yourself to adbusers group

sudo gpasswd -a $USER adbusers
1 Like