An extension to change the accent color in Gnome

Since this was something some people have been requesting for a long time, I wanted to share with you the good news: there is a new extension that allows to change the accent colour of Gnome. It colours consistently both the shell (Extension User Themes needed to change the theme in Tweaks) and all the other apps. Simple and easy to use. For me it works fine, but the usual disclaimers apply.

2 Likes

gnome-shell-extension-custom-accent-colors package is already in unstable and testing branches.

3 Likes

Did we forget to review the latest #announcements:testing-updates thread? :wink:

3 Likes

Sorry, in this screenshot I see “Maia” as a color, but I don’t have it in my extension. Should it be there? How do I get it?

1 Like

Only available on testing and unstable branches for now. If you switch to one of those, you can install it with

as was mentioned.
If you want to remain on stable branch, you can install it from AUR.
pamac build gnome-shell-extension-custom-accent-colors-git

2 Likes

Wonderful. After many months, finally Manjaro GNOME is Maia green again!

Just FYI, the AUR package does not include the custom Maia theme. :wink:

Indeed. I saw it myself yesterday.

How to switch to testing and unstable branch to be able to install

pamac install gnome-shell-extension-custom-accent-colors

See this Switching Branches - Manjaro
or go trough this

You don’t need to, it’s been available in the stable branch for months. :wink:

Then tell me what am I doing wrong that after installing the extension it does not appear in the extension application :slight_smile:

Did you restart GNOME Shell or logout / login after installing it?

Indeed, after logging out, the extension appeared. But now when I run the extension I have two shell colors

Use Tweaks to set the icon theme to Paprius-Dark instead of Papirus-Dark-Maia. :wink:

Thanks for your help everything works. :slight_smile:

A post was split to a new topic: Changing the accent color setting does not have any effect

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.