Alsa / Pulse / Pipewire crackling and KDE sound interface doesn't show up

Hi everyone!

After trying to cleanly reinstall the whole pulse / pipewire system because of crackling, the problem isn’t solved and I don’t have the access anymore to the pavucontrol interface from the KDE miniature box and audio settings no longer appears in the global system settings.
I also can’t modify sound volume using the “Fn” shortcuts, the only way I can is with the command pavucontrol-gt
It basically appears as no linked anymore to Manjaro.

So is there a clean way to install, link everything and stop crackling ?

Sorry for my noobiness, I don’t know for now how these softwares are or should communicate.

Thank you very much in advance!

Hello,

What is suppose to mean? You removed packages and then reinstalled what you remembered?

I wonder if you installed the pavucontrol-gtk2 from AUR and you had a typo here …

Install manjaro-pulse meta package and then reboot the system.

bogdancovaciu:
What is suppose to mean? You removed packages and then reinstalled what you remembered?

I was not sure about what were the base packages installed in manjaro and what were the packages I installed by myself to try to make the whole thing works. So I uninstalled all the related pulse and pipewire packages and installed these:

• pavucontrol-gt from community
  • paprefs from extra
  • pulseaudio-ctl from community
  • pulsemixer from community
  • pulseaudio-alsa from extra
  • pipewire-pulse from extra
  • pipewire-alsa from extra

bogdancovaciu:
Install manjaro-pulse meta package and then reboot the system.

I already tryed manjaro-pulse, but it just shows a panel in the miniature box (not the same one that was initially displayed), and audio parameters still unavailable from system settings. Anyway that’s true I did not try to reboot after install it, I’ll try this now.

EDIT: manjaro-pulse stills showing this and nothing more, and there is no sound anymore.
Screenshot_20210617_135913
At least the EQs that were using pipewire before I install manjaro-pulse were working, but this is not the case anymore.
Moreover, it looks like my realtek soundcard is not recognized anymore by pulse, the only hardware device detected is the S/PDIF out. The realtek soundcard was recognized before this

I’m having a similar issue, did you find anything out?

Nope, nothing, I just came back to the situation I was when I wrote the post

Try reinstalling plasma-pa. I reinstalled that and I got audio controls back.

Also check if volume is over 100%, that was causing crackling in the audio on my end, but I’m using corsair void rgbs so that might not help the crackling issue.

That worked for me. now rocking pipewire on kde and it’s working great (manjaro-kde unstable).

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php/Forum_Rules#Old_Threads.2F.22Necro-Bumping.22