如何安装Adobe Reader?

It is doubtful any of the above will work. Acroread from the AUR is an old version (9.5) and wine is sketchy at best for Windows software that is somewhat complex e.g. not standalone software. Your best bet is to run the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat Reader in a Windows VM.

2 Likes

Seems to me you all didnt’ understand what the problem is, I installed it Acrobat Reader DC without any problem, I already installed Wine, and Wine works well, I can use Wine to open some Windows app without any problem, and I can also open Acrobat Reader DC without any problem, normal PDF format files can be open, this means Acorbat Reader DC works well, but 3D PDF files can’t be reviewed, I opened 3D PDF files with Acrobat Reader DC under Manjaro, but nothing can be seen, I personally think the problem is with Manjaro system, because I can open and review 3D PDF files under Linux Mint/Deepin/UOS using Adobe Reader.

Adobe Reader 9.5 under Linux Mint can open and review 3D PDF files without any problem, so, this is not the Adobe Reader version problem.
And, what I installed is not Adobe Reader 9.5 on Manjaro, what I installed on Manjaro is Adobe Reader DC, it surely support 3D PDF files, you can see it by clicking the “preference” button.

No matter how you installed the package - when it is not in the official repo - it is classified as a custom package and thus unsupported.

Adobe Reader 11 can be built from AUR - AUR (en) - adobe-reader-11 - still unsupported - depends on wine and winetricks.

pamac build adobe-reader-11

If I understand what your saying, you assumed since Adobe 9.5 worked on other distros, the newer version will also work but on Manjaro? I think we all know this is not always true.
So my question is, does Adobe 9.5 work on Manjaro and/or does Adobe DC work as expected on those other distros, and another thing when comparing, are you sure it the same version of wine was used, I know sometimes updates to wine can impact compatibility.

I assure you, Adobe Reader 9.5 works well on other Linux, such as Linux Mint, Deepin, UOS, it Can review 3D PDF files without any problem, it is TRUE!

I was not able to instal Adobe Reader 9.5 on Manjaro.

so, is there any other way/app to review 3D PDF files on Manjaro if Adobe Reader is not supported?

Adobe Reader 9.5 can be build using the acroread buildscript

$ pamac build acroread
Installing acroread (9.5.5-20)...                                                                                      [1/1]
This software is heavily outdated and crashes reproducibly.
possible workarounds:
• use another pdf-reader whereever possible
• use acroread windows version in wine (HowTo: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=27093&iTestingId=92286)
• remove /opt/Adobe/Reader9/Reader/intellinux/plug_ins/EFS.api (this might have unknown consequences regarding your data and software functionality)

There is a large selection of pdf tools available

Actually you went much longer than me, i have a question though. PDFs with inputs can you complete? If yes please help caz i cannot complete smart pdfs and i tried various versions of Abobe Reader