Add custom resolution with xrandr ratio 16:10

hello I have tried to add a 1920x1080 resolution with xrandr but it gives me out of range, apparently because my monitor has a 16:10 aspect ratio, now how do I assign this aspect ratio in xrandr. if you could give me a hand please?

Please read this:

and post some more information so we can see what’s really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies…

1. An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information… (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)

2. What are the specs of your monitor?

3. What is the resolution you’re trying to set?

:+1:

I don’t think that resolution is being supported by your 16:10 monitor no matter what you try, the max would be in your case 1680x1050, no?

1 Like

I see, it is what I feared, although it is strange since in windows it allows me to emulate up to 2k, but well if in linux you cannot patience

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.