A stop job is running for User Manager for UID 1000, during shutdown

Manjaro GNOME sometime takes long time to shutdown showing “A stop job is running for User Manager for UID 1000”

How to resolve this issue?

If the machine eventually shuts down properly, I’d ignore it, given that it doesn’t happen all the time. It’s probably just a stuck process that the system is patiently offering some grace time to before pulling the plug on it. :wink:

It’s been reported to systemd bug reporting.

You could reduce the timeout, which is what they suggested at the end of the report. That’s their “generic solution” :slight_smile: There can be hangs on startup and shutdown for various reasons, and they can be tricky (time consuming) to find out. A timeout can be specified globally (see below) or on units.

• Edit /etc/systemd/system.conf
    DefaultTimeoutStopSec=10s (There is also a DefaultTimeoutStartSec.)
    Run systemctl daemon-reload

You could check the log (journalctl) and see if any process exceeded the timeout.

Another option might be to log out and shutdown from display manager to see if that produces a cleaner shutdown.

2 Likes

i found the problem. it was with adb

Nov 25 00:30:10 electron-PC systemd[1]: user@1000.service: Killing process 2631 (adb) with signal SIGKILL.
Nov 25 00:30:10 electron-PC systemd[1]: user@1000.service: Killing process 2632 (adb) with signal SIGKILL.
Nov 25 00:30:10 electron-PC systemd[1]: user@1000.service: Killing process 2633 (device poll) with signal SIGKILL.

changing DefaultTimeoutStopSec=10s doesnt work, please reply.

Have a look a this:

You can not change the systemd hanged program timeout, unless you recompile it from source. Obnoxious, this also gets on my nerves. Unfortunately, they haven’t implemented an option for this.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.