A Standing Ovation for Manjaro OS: Exceptional Speed, Smooth Integration, and Stellar Development

Seven years ago, I embarked on a journey to find the perfect Linux distribution, and I’m thrilled to say that Manjaro has become my number one OS of choice. In a world where technology is ever-evolving, the Manjaro developers have consistently delivered exceptional performance, seamless integration of the latest kernels, and up-to-date versions of KDE. Their commitment to excellence has not gone unnoticed, and it’s time we give them the praise they truly deserve!

The speed of Manjaro is nothing short of remarkable. Over the years, I’ve witnessed its performance increase exponentially, making it a top contender among Linux distributions. The developers have worked tirelessly to optimize and fine-tune the OS, resulting in lightning-fast boot times, smooth application launches, and overall impressive system responsiveness.

Another area where Manjaro truly shines is its seamless integration of current kernels. This ensures that the OS remains compatible with the latest hardware, while also providing the most up-to-date security features and performance enhancements. Manjaro users can easily switch between stable, LTS, and experimental kernels, catering to their specific needs and preferences.

The Manjaro team’s dedication to providing fairly recent versions of KDE is commendable. By keeping the Plasma Desktop environment up to date, users can enjoy the latest features, improvements, and bug fixes without compromising stability. This attention to detail results in a polished and modern user experience that is both intuitive and user-friendly.

It’s been an amazing seven-year journey with Manjaro, and I have no doubt that this incredible Linux distribution will continue to exceed expectations. So, here’s to the Manjaro developers for their unwavering commitment to excellence and pushing the boundaries of what a Linux distribution can achieve. Thank you for making Manjaro the outstanding OS that it is today. Cheers to many more years of innovation, exceptional performance, and user satisfaction!

9 Likes

I do agree whith OP, even if I’m only 5 years old and run Xfce (never grasping why some other don’t).

1 Like

Thank you, nam1962, for sharing your experience with Manjaro and Xfce! It’s wonderful to see fellow Linux enthusiasts who appreciate the quality and diversity of desktop environments available. I agree that Xfce is a fantastic choice for those who prefer a lightweight and efficient DE. Regarding KDE, I’d like to highlight its impressive evolution from KDE4 to KDE5. Over the years, the KDE team has significantly enhanced the Plasma Desktop, transforming it into one of the best and most feature-rich desktop environments on the market. The latest iterations of KDE are not only visually appealing but also incredibly snappy, which is a testament to the continuous improvements and optimizations made by the KDE developers. This progress has undoubtedly contributed to the outstanding user experience that many Manjaro users, including myself, have come to love and appreciate.

1 Like

I’ve been using Manjaro (Xfce) for just over a year now, having migrated from Windows 10. Whilst the learning curve moving to Linux was pretty steep (and I know I still know next to nothing) the thing that has impressed me most is the willingness of the community to help out in the forums.

I read a lot of posts, mostly every day, and whilst I don’t always understand the problem or advice, I am utterly impressed by the regular contributors who help out day after day, and just the general kindness and patience of the community. There’s none of the gate-keeping I heard about when I was considering moving to Linux, just a bunch of friendly and helpful folk.

My system itself had been rock solid; I’ve not really need a lot advice after I initially set up Manjaro. I love the responsiveness and feeling that I am in total control of the system (if I knew what I was doing!).

So thank you also to Manjaro team and the regulars on the forums who give up their time for no reward other than being helpful.

Totally agree. KDE on Manjaro is what I believe it should be. Completely configurable to the user’s needs, and rock solid.

I’m running Manjaro KDE on:

Operating System: Manjaro Linux 
KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.3
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.104.0
Qt Version: 5.15.8
Kernel Version: 5.15.104-2-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 4 × Intel® Pentium® CPU N3540 @ 2.16GHz
Memory: 7.6 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa Intel® HD Graphics
Manufacturer: Notebook
Product Name: W54_W94_W955TU,-T,-C
System Version: Not Applicable
1 Like

Of the entire Manjaro userbase - we only see a fraction in the forum.

The numbers speaks for themselves

Since Manjaro nowadays as over 500.000 users online and we have about 13+ million active installations of the system it is clear that we create a lot of traffic on server infrastructure.
About Manjaro and the AUR, and updates · Issue #25 · arindas/manjarno · GitHub

1 Like