We at Triple Helix have created a full custom Yocto-Linux build for RPI. It includes instructions on how to build on Manjaro, and a full beginner-guide for working with Yocto.
It also includes automatic clone and setup scripts with instructions, so everything is made easy for you. If you are a hobbyist, or developer working with RPI, its Yocto layer it supports most RPI targets. It can also be built for Qemu.
If you want to create a customized minimal Yocto-based distro and build - take a look at our project. The 30-pages documentation includes Yocto basics.
Here is a bit more information on it:
https://github.com/TripleHelixConsulting/meta-thc-v1 - main project and layer
https://github.com/AtanasRusevTH/rpiconf-v1 - additional layer
https://www.raspberrypi.com/products/raspberry-pi-4-model-b/ - Raspberry PI technical documentation
- GNU-Tools/BusyBox, cpufrequtils
- Ethernet support, DHCPCD, avahi
- SH Shell
- WiFi support with additional script to connect to one and save the password between reboots
- GLFW, IMGUI-Demo applications
- automatic setup of the meta and build directories via an integrated script
The documentation includes explanations on:
- the RPI meta layer and basic setup
- fetching the dependencies
- simple hints on how to connect with SSH
- explanation on setting a password
- only root account (the build is relatively simple, for dev purposes)
- yocto basics
- bitbake basics
- points on how to know the kernel, the integrated packages
- important yocto links
- a few points on the connected Kuman 7-inch touchscreen display
- basic yocto terms
- basic practical points on connecting an HDMI display
I did my best to make the documentation extensive, so that any beginner can try it out.
The documentation is also available here: https://triplehelix-consulting.com/yocto-full-demo-gui-raspberry-pi-detailed-manual/
General points on the benefits of using Yocto builds for Embedded and other custom devices: https://triplehelix-consulting.com/yocto-demo/
If you like it and it is somehow useful to you - we will be happy to get a star on GitHub.
If you want to fork/contribute - equally great, please do so
You can write me on LinkedIn, through the company page, and also here, should you have some questions.
I will do my best to reply soon.
We also plan updates, but it will take some time, work also needs to advance.
Here is our target:
I hope you enjoy the project :).