404 error when updating kernel

I’ve just seen that the kernel that came installed by default says unsupported so I wanted to update it. I clicked install on Linux 6.1.6-1 on the Manjaro Settings Manager and I got an error. Is there a way to change the download source if it’s not working?

The following packages will be installed:
linux61

Starting
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
Packages (1) linux61-6.1.6-1
Total Download Size:   166.07 MiB
Total Installed Size:  170.36 MiB
:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n]
:: Retrieving packages...
linux61-6.1.6-1-x86_64 downloading...
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
error: failed retrieving file 'linux61-6.1.6-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from ftp.gwdg.de : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'linux61-6.1.6-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.alwyzon.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'linux61-6.1.6-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirrors.up.pt : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'linux61-6.1.6-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirrors.fossho.st : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'linux61-6.1.6-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.zetup.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'linux61-6.1.6-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from ridgewireless.mm.fcix.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'linux61-6.1.6-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from osmirror.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'linux61-6.1.6-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.rise.ph : The requested URL returned error: 404
warning: failed to retrieve some files
error: failed to commit transaction (failed to retrieve some files)

Done ...

It’s already trying multiple mirrors (sources).
Perhaps an update on your branch (is it stable as it says in your profile?) is being underway - then try again later.

No, I’ll have to change back to stable then.

A 404 error means file not found. This happens when the package(s) you’re trying to install have been updated (they have a different filename), so sudo pacman -Syu.

If that fails then refresh your mirrors.

Pacman-mirrors - Manjaro

Why?

1 Like
sudo pacman-mirrors --geoip --method rank
pamac upgrade --force-refresh

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.