Ffmpeg-rk contains outdated libavcodec.so.58 rather than 59

qt-webengine appears to require libavcodec 59 which ordinary ffmpeg contains, but the rk version is behind. If I use ordinary ffmpeg I don’t have hardware video acceleration but if I use rk, my webengine-based browser doesn’t work

Wut do? Where should I raise such issues?

@spikerguy Are the RK specific ones not in gitlab yet?

Also, they need to be rebuilt/updated from time to time.

will this be updated? It seems like it still hasn’t, and also it seems that the related mpv-rk package has been removed from the repo

Will be updated today

Merged as mpv-hwdec where it can be used with amlogic and rockchip vdecs.

1 Like

Hi @spikerguy,

The updated ffmpeg-m2m-1:4.4-3 still contain libavcodec.so.58, Chromium requires libavcodec.so.59 if not mistaken.

That needs ffmpeg5 and I have not started work on patching ffmpeg5 with amlvdec.

I would to take this opportunity to thank the Manjaro-Arm team great support.

Just an example, yesterday I highlighted an issue to @spikerguy that I could perform system updates Manjaro-Arm-KDE Unstable branch because of dependencies issues:

:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing libvpx (1.13.0-1) breaks dependency 'libvpx.so=7-64' required by ffmpeg-m2m
[jfl@jfl-mnjro ~]$ sudo pacman -Syu
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing libvpx (1.13.0-1) breaks dependency 'libvpx.so=7-64' required by ffmpeg-m2m
[jfl@jfl-mnjro ~]$

Within a few hours @spikerguy uploaded the new ffmpeg-m2m and other related packages to Unstable repo and it resolved the system updates issue. This is just one example there are many instances before.

1 Like

How am I supposed to install the ffmpeg-m2m package?
Everything seems to rely on the normal ffmpeg package, and trying to uninstall that one is (nearly?) impossible?

For example, it starts with:

- removing ffmpeg breaks dependency 'libavcodec.so=59-64' required by chromaprint
- removing ffmpeg breaks dependency 'libavformat.so=59-64' required by chromaprint
- removing ffmpeg breaks dependency 'libavutil.so=57-64' required by chromaprint
- removing ffmpeg breaks dependency 'libswresample.so=4-64' required by chromaprint
- removing ffmpeg breaks dependency 'libswscale.so=6-64' required by freerdp
- removing ffmpeg breaks dependency 'libavdevice.so=59-64' required by mpv
- removing ffmpeg breaks dependency 'libavfilter.so=8-64' required by mpv

But then it grows quickly, chromaprint → grilo-plugins → … → GTK and at that point…

I’m still seeing v58 in ffmpeg-rk 1:4.4.1-4 in testing