Zathurarc help! Newbie in Linux system

I am new to linux and zathura also. I have installed KDE plasma 2 days ago. Previously I used xodo as pdf reader and its color mode option is quite nice for(less strain in eyes). Now I installed zathura and find the whole pdf reader really nice. I want change the background color. So after searching I need to create a zathurarc file in /.config/zathura/zathurarc. So I did that and created a zathurarc (text) file with code setting there but its not working. After searching for a while I found zathurarc file containing all the settings in usr/share/man/man5/zathurarc.5.gz. I can only read the file and its code, but cannot extract and edit the file. I tried (chmod 744) command but it says I do not have the permission. I just want to have the background color of zathura to #f5dfc9. I have tried the :set default-bg command too but its only changing the side color not the paper color. Help me!

Sorry for bad english and long post.

Thank you

Edit: Solution… I have found my sepia mode for zathura by typing below command one by one…

set default-bg “#f5dfc9
set recolor true
set recolor-lightcolor “#f5dfc9
set recolor-darkcolor “#000000

I can’t create or edit any zathurarc file in root directory. Though I did create in ~/.config/zathura/zathurarc (with all the settings found in github) but it did not render.

sudo nano <file>

sudo gives you root permissions, nano is a cli text editor.

I type the command but cannot read the text. Its a compressed file. zathurarc.5.gz and after typing the command all the text are zibrish…

You probably want to edit the one in /etc. It’s in /etc/zathurarc.

https://man.archlinux.org/man/zathurarc.5

https://www.mankier.com/5/zathurarc

There is no zaturarc file in etc/…

btw… I have found my solution :slight_smile:

set default-bg “#f5dfc9
set recolor true
set recolor-lightcolor “#f5dfc9
set recolor-darkcolor “#000000

I just type each code one by one and it came out better that xodo :slight_smile:

Thanks for the cooperation :slight_smile: