Yakuake won't autohide

Am I missing something? I have "Keep window open when it loses focus" unchecked but Yakuake will not autohide. I tried checking that option - nope. Unchecking afterward... nope. The only way I can dismiss it is to rehit the hotkey, F12 in my case. Thanks.

What branch are you on? It works okay for me on testing

Sometimes it helps to close Yakuake and then restart it in order for certain changes to its configuration to take effect. Have you tried this?

This might sound like a stupid question, but is the tack (push pin) icon in the lower right corner upright, or pushed in (circle with a dot)?

Not pinned will autohide.

Pinned, will not autohide:

Thanks all. I am using Yakuake 19.12.1-1

After toggling "Keep window open when it loses focus" I can start restart multiple times and it doesn't work (I've rebooted for days and it doesn't work)

AJSlye, thanks for your detailed post. The pushpin is not pressed (although I tried to do it both ways).

Only hitting F12 works.

have you got any custom kwin scripts running?

nothing running. This was the behavior immediately after a fresh install of Manjaro. Also, I changed nothing in the terminal settings other than unchecking "keep window open when..."

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by