Some Flatpak Qt Apps fail to start after latest Update

I instaled the latest Update yesterday. and to day some Qt Flatpak apps fails to start. When I try to run the Apps from the Terminal, I got the following error:

qt.glx: qglx_findConfig: Failed to finding matching FBConfig for QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags<QSurfaceFormat::FormatOption>(), depthBufferSize -1, redBufferSize 1, greenBufferSize 1, blueBufferSize 1, alphaBufferSize -1, s
tencilBufferSize -1, samples -1, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::SingleBuffer, swapInterval 1, colorSpace QColorSpace(), profile  QSurfaceFormat::NoProfile)
qt.glx: qglx_findConfig: Failed to finding matching FBConfig for QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags<QSurfaceFormat::FormatOption>(), depthBufferSize -1, redBufferSize 1, greenBufferSize 1, blueBufferSize 1, alphaBufferSize -1, s
tencilBufferSize -1, samples -1, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::SingleBuffer, swapInterval 1, colorSpace QColorSpace(), profile  QSurfaceFormat::NoProfile)
Could not initialize GLX

If I start another Qt App that works, it prints the follwing error message to the Terminal

qt.glx: qglx_findConfig: Failed to finding matching FBConfig for QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags<QSurfaceFormat::FormatOption>(), depthBufferSize -1, redBufferSize 1, greenBufferSize 1, blueBufferSize 1, alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize -1, samples -1, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::SingleBuffer, swapInterval 1, colorSpace QColorSpace(), profile  QSurfaceFormat::NoProfile)
No XVisualInfo for format QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags<QSurfaceFormat::FormatOption>(), depthBufferSize -1, redBufferSize 1, greenBufferSize 1, blueBufferSize 1, alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize -1, samples -1, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::SingleBuffer, swapInterval 1, colorSpace QColorSpace(), profile  QSurfaceFormat::NoProfile)
Falling back to using screens root_visual.

This error message was not printed before the Update. Anybody know how I can solve this?

1 Like

According to this post in today’s stable update, you might have to run:

flatpak upgrade
3 Likes

This fixes the problem. Thanks. It should be added to Known issues and solutions.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.