Xorg-Server 1.20.9 crashes with Nvidia 450xx drivers

it’s ok with 1.20.9-2

Hi @stephane.

I am also having the xorg problem and I am trying to downgrade to anything below 1.20.8-4 (or upgrade to 1.20.9-2), but when I run sudo downgrade xorg-server I only have the option to reinstall the same version I am running now (1.20.8-4).

I have discovered that this is because downgrade cannot see the zst files in the remote servers. However, by your post I can see that somehow you can pull all versions. Can you tell me what is the secret? :wink:

Cheers

Hmmm… downgrade should support zst since v6.2.4 at least, now it’s at v8.1.1. As a temporary solution, you could try manually downloading from the Arch Linux Archive.

Hi @pobrn.

Yeah, it is a little strange why my downgrade cannot see the other xorg-server versions.

Your advice is sound. I will try it and report back.

Thanks!

Hi people.

I have managed to install xorg-server version 1.20.9-2 going to Arch Archive (https://archive.archlinux.org/packages/x/xorg-server/) and downloading from there. I just finished a test suspending my computer and returning it to active after half a hour or so. Everything worked fine and there is no core dump registered in journalctl.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.