Caja produces a lot of xsession errors

Expected behaviour

Caja does not produce xsession errors

Actual behaviour

This errors are repeatedly produced:

** (caja:619): CRITICAL **: 19:03:27.809: caja_bookmark_get_location: assertion 'CAJA_IS_BOOKMARK (bookmark)' failed

(caja:619): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 19:03:27.809: g_file_get_uri: assertion 'G_IS_FILE (file)' failed

(caja:619): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 19:03:27.809: g_object_unref: assertion 'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

Steps to reproduce the behaviour

Start Caja, doubleclick a directory and click back button. Those errors are produced

MATE general version

V1.26

Package version

Caja V1.26.0-1

Linux Distribution

Manjaro Mate latest edition fully up to date

This errors are produced every time you open a directory or open a left pane location so xsession-errors is flooded with errors.

So what are does errors mean?
And how to prevent those errors from happening? They seems to be critical.

This is not critical. For example (caja:619): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 19:03:27.809: g_object_unref: assertion 'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed is a very generic error (this is a function used everywhere by any application using GLib). Just because you get these messages doesn’t mean something’s wrong. Mostly all applications do that and it’s normal. To verify I installed caja and I get similar only:

Video

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Thanks for the explanation!
So those errors can be ignored, that is good to know.

The only issue left is the fact that in time the xsession-errors file grows to a big file?
Would it be a good idea to the system not make the xsession file?

So I searched around a little bit and here are my conclusions:

1. There is definitely something wrong with caja because this happens on both fedora(gnome) and arch(i3).

2. The errors don’t do any harm but they are labeled as critical and fill up the xsessions file on every single click.

It is good at you have reported it upstream because only they can fix this issue:

Screenshot

Thanks for looking in to this

Agree that there is something about Caja, the biggest problem is filling up the xsession file! it can grow huge…

I have the same problem (though different errors) with Matcha theme, it fills up the xsession file with loads of errors.

was useful to know, tnx!