Xfce4-notifyd-0.8.1-1 not showing registered notifications

As the title said xfce4-notifyd-0.8.1-1 is not showing the registered notifications, just showing this:
notifyd-panel

and the notification has no theme applied:
xfce4-notification

this is what I get if I run from terminal “xfce4-notifyd-config”:

$ xfce4-notifyd-config

(xfce4-notifyd-config:296966): Gtk-WARNING **: 09:06:25.179: Content added to the action area of a dialog using header bars

(xfce4-notifyd-config:296966): Gtk-WARNING **: 09:06:25.179: Content added to the action area of a dialog using header bars

(xfce4-notifyd-config:296966): xfce4-notifyd-config-WARNING **: 09:06:25.298: Failed to fetch known app ID counts from log: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.xfce.Notifyd was not provided by any .service files

(xfce4-notifyd-config:296966): xfce4-notifyd-config-WARNING **: 09:06:25.433: Failed to fetch log entries: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.xfce.Notifyd was not provided by any .service files

(xfce4-notifyd-config:296966): xfce4-notifyd-config-WARNING **: 09:06:25.433: Failed to check if any log messages unread: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.xfce.Notifyd was not provided by any .service files

…sorry, I can not confirm.
Picture 1, mine is the same with dark theme.
Picture 2, my theme is default, wich I applied in picture 1, last line (wich is the same as your terminal command).

[***@p16s ~]$ xfce4-notifyd-config

(xfce4-notifyd-config:31482): GLib-CRITICAL **: 14:30:44.710: g_key_file_unref: assertion 'key_file != NULL' failed
[***@p16s ~]$ 

…command opened the configuration-settings. So your problem is theme/icon-theme/config/3rd-party-stuff/etc…

No matter if I change theme, it stays the same, and not showing the registered applications.
The themes with the icons comes with the application.

if you’d replaced dbus with dbus-x11, you can and should switch back now. …though you’d be seeing more broken than this, it did come up a few weeks ago

If debugging doesn’t help, start new. Deleting configs and app, reinstall (from terminal). This will bring up conflicting stuff.
And yes, dbus-x11 is deprecated. Thanks @steanne .

I am already using dbus, not dbus-x11.

After I deleted “~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/perchannel-xml/xfce4-notifyd.xml”,
it back to normal.

I think is this.

Sometimes it works, sometimes doesn’t, maybe is my computer… too old. :slightly_smiling_face:
Anyway, thanks!

Now it is working:

xfce-notifyd2