lib32-alsa-oss
lib32-lz4
xfce4-power-manager
xfce4-session
xfce4-settings
xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin
xfdesktop
xfwm4

However these packages look essential for the functioning of XFCE.
Could you please help me understand why there are considered “orphans” ?
XFCE is the only DE I use with Manjaro.

Thanks

Normally orphans are packages installed as dependencies for another package that are left over when said package(s) no longer need them or the package(s) that required them are removed.

lib32-alsa-oss is required by manjaro-alsa, so it may be left over if you removed the latter.

lib32-lz4 isn’t required by anything in the repos. Apparently it used to be, but the package that required it no longer does.

The Xfce packages are all required by their GTK3 counterparts; i.e., xfce4-power-manager is required by xfce4-power-manager-gtk3. Do you have those installed?

Thanks for your reply, @Yochanan
manjaro-alsa is installed on my system, but it seems that it depends on alsa-oss, without requiring lib32-alsa-oss. Anyway, I was able to remove lib32-alsa-oss and lib32-lz4.

Regarding the 6 xfce packages, my system does not have the -gtk3 ones. Is it necessary to install them ? Currently, $ sudo pacman -S xfce4 returns:

:: There are 15 members in group xfce4:
:: Repository extra
   1) exo  2) garcon  3) thunar  4) thunar-volman  5) tumbler
   6) xfce4-appfinder  7) xfce4-panel  8) xfce4-power-manager  9) xfce4-session
   10) xfce4-settings  11) xfce4-terminal  12) xfconf  13) xfdesktop  14) xfwm4
   15) xfwm4-themes

Enter a selection (default=all): 

Ah, I forgot the main Xfce4 packages now use GTK3 and the -gtk3 packages are obsolete meta packages to transfer old installs.

Just set those packages to explicitly installed:

sudo pacman -D --asexplicit xfce4-power-manager xfce4-session xfce4-settings xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin xfdesktop xfwm4

Thanks for your help, @Yochanan, I marked all those packages at explicitly installed.
Searching for meta-transfer-pkg in my repositories still lists the suite of -gtk3 packages, although they are not installed.

Yep, forgot about that. I edited my post above, they’re meta packages to transfer old installs.