Xfce keybinding defaults

I was fiddling with the default keybindings for the past few days, and today i decided to return to the defaults that xfce came with. However, when I opted to restore defaults I was given a keybinding config that was different from what I had when I first started using Manjaro a few days ago. Is there a reason why my original defaults are different from the current defaultts? How can I locate the configs for the true default configuration, which I’m assuming are not hiding somewhere on my machine?

A few examples so I might get my question across better:
The super key no longer opens the xfce start menu
ctrl + alt + t still opens the terminal, however, it now opens a brand new instance of the terminal each time it is called instead of focusing the terminal if it is already open.

Thanks in advance, and all the best.
LuckyPichu

1 Like

I just tried this - and it messed up my settings as well,
because what that does is to reset it to Xfce4 factory defaults - not to the Manjaro provided defaults.

those are found in:
/etc/skel/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/

To restore, copy them to ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml

but you either need to log out of the session and do this from TTY
or kill the xfsettingsd process before copying

pkill xfsettingsd
cp -r /etc/skel/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml
reboot
or at least log out and back in

You can be more careful and selective by copying the relevant files one by one.

But even after that I ended up with the default mouse icon instead of the Manjaro symbol at the start menu.
But that can be changed separately.

5 Likes

You’re a lifesaver! Thanks for the help and putting yourself out there to help a first-time user. Marking as solution.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.