[XFCE] Display settings back to default after reboot - started recently after updates

no, the manjaro update thread, but that bugzilla link is much more informative. it looks like it will be fixed in the next xfce update? did i read that right?

until then, i guess you can disable the auto enable profiles?

xfconf-query -c displays -p /AutoEnableProfiles -s false

According to that thread it seems to be fixed in 4.14pre3. The latest version distributed by Manjaro is 4.14pre2. The fix in 4.14pre3 seems to be committed to git master so maybe when the next version is packaged by Manjaro it should be fixed. How can I find out when Manjaro will pick up the next version?

what branch are you referring to? im on testing and its only at 4.13.8-2

~ >>> pacman -Ss xfce4-settings                                                                         
extra/xfce4-settings 4.12.4-2 (xfce4)
    Settings manager for xfce
extra/xfce4-settings-gtk3 4.13.8-2 (xfce4-gtk3) [installed]
    Settings manager for xfce

When I do xfce4-about I see this

hmmm... i show the same

but packages are
local/xfce4-settings-gtk3 4.13.8-2

I did some testing today with display settings. It seems that in my situation display profiles don't do anything at all (these used to work in the past). I can set them, but they can not successfully be applied. I hope the next version fixxes this..

Edit: this is actually mentioned in the following bugreport: https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=15769

@MK-ARCH-LINUX do you have (advanced) display setting "Configure new display when connected" set disabled?

Yeah that is super weird - I was confused by that.

No I have it enabled.

Try disabling it and see if the display settings are preserved with reboot. For me I have to disable it to preserve display settings (for now until the profile-bug is fixxed, I assume).

Yes, that is exactly the problem. If you have "Configure new displays when connected" enabled it trashes the saved profiles.

After a recent stable update, the profiles work correctly.

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark