Wallpapers disappears - needs to be re-added after boot-up

Small first world problem :sob:

For some reason, after I β€˜reboot’ 1 or more of the wallpapers on my 4 monitors disappear.
It happens about 3-4 times per month. Not on any particular schedule.
The wallpapers are stored in /home/user/Pictures/*
So the wallpaper are not related to a drive not mounting or booting.

It does not appear to be related to updating the system.

Any ideas?

UPDATE
impano Suggested I put my wallpapers here -
/usr/share/backgrounds/mywallpaper/

But how to change the default location /home/user/Pictures/*
to /usr/share/backgrounds/mywallpaper/

-------------- 
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ   OS: Manjaro Linux x86_64 
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ   Host: MS-7A66 1.0 
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ            β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ   Kernel: 5.16.0-1-MANJARO 
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ   Uptime: 5 hours, 32 mins 
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ   Packages: 1715 (pacman), 41 (flatpak), 27 (snap) 
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ   Shell: zsh 5.8 
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ   Resolution: 1920x1080, 1920x1080, 1920x1080, 1920x1080 
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ   DE: Plasma 5.23.4 
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ   WM: KWin 
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ   WM Theme: Nordic 
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ   Theme: Breath Light [Plasma], Breeze [GTK2/3] 
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ   Icons: [Plasma], breeze [GTK2/3] 
                               Terminal: yakuake 
                               CPU: Intel i7-7700K (8) @ 4.600GHz 
                               GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Rev. A 
                               Memory: 3880MiB / 32064MiB 

Please do not post screenshots of text.
Copy + Paste and use appropriate formatting via </> button or adding three backticks ` above and below the text.

Try to use the search function next time, this was raised recently multiple times, e.g.:

3 Likes

Put your images into /usr/share/backgrounds/mywallpaper ,
After the dissapear the system is load the default wallpaper or just a color on your desktop ?

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know.
I removed the screenshot.

I will try the workaround. Although my widgets never leave.

This is promising! I will try this and report back about putting images into /usr/share/backgrounds/mywallpaper

Question: Is there some app or process that normally creates this directory?
I created 2 directories -
/backgrounds
/mywallpaper

At the beginning of the boot the removable drives are not mounted. So the kde can’t find the source files here in this case the images you’d want to see.

Solution : make a folder in the primary drive and copy paste the pictures in that folder. It can be anywhere like in the downloads folder. Then set the wallpaper from that folder. Now everytime you turn on your PC or restart, your OS will find the images in its own folder and load it from there
Hope this helps