Missing 32-bit libraries when starting Steam

Hello.Can somebody help me ? I get this error when i want to start Steam, and i have no idea how to fix it:
You are missing the following 32-bit libraries, and Steam may not run:
libpcre.so.1
libmount.so.1
liblzma.so.5

Hello :slightly_smiling_face:!
It seems like some libraries are missing from your system.
You can install them with the following command:

sudo pacman -Syu pcre pcre2 lib32-pcre lib32-pcre2 util-linux util-linux-libs lib32-util-linux xz lib32-xz

Additionally, are you using proprietary nvidia drivers?
If yes, which version do you use? (You can look that up by opening the “Nvidia X Server Settings” app.)

Yes, dependencies of steam-native.

Yes, but that installs a bunch of dependencies explicitly for no reason. This isn’t Ubuntu. Don’t follow those tech blogs, most authors have never used Arch/Manjaro.

1 Like

I like it when the suggestion is something like

sudo pacman -Sy {ubuntu-package} {ubuntu-package} --no-confirm

[NOTE - this is crit/joke… do not do this… if somehow successful, is a partial upgrade]

2 Likes

This

is of course correct.
@maxwell, if you somehow installed steam-native, you could try to run the runtime launcher of steam instead or reinstall steam-native, and as @Yochanan suggested, you should abort the mission to install the dependencies manually.

By the way, why are you all talking about tech blogs?
Maybe I am missing something because I cannot see post edits, please let me know if that is the case.

Yes, I am using nvidia proprietary drivers. Those are intel-nvidia-hybrid-390xx-bumblebee. I am using an old system.