X rotates display with delay and black screen effects on tablets (2-in-1 laptops)

Hi Manjaro Team,

I hope I’m on the right section.

Well, in xorg or xrandr there is bug when we rotate the screen in portrait mode on tablets/2-in-1 laptops.
This bug is well know by the xorg team but it wasn’t fixed since 8 years.

The information about this bug is here and here.

I am calling on you to see if you can create a patch to solve this problem because the Xorg team does not care. This bug is very annoying.

Thanks if you can have a look on this.

Try to uninstall xf86-video-intel and see if the regular modesetting driver has the same issues.

I will try and I will see if it can solve the problem.

Otherwise, I will come back here.

The 2-in-1 laptop have only an Intel video card.

Hi,

so, I uninstalled the xf86-video-intel package but it didn’t change anything. I still have the problem. When I flip the display from landscape mode to portrait mode and from portrait mode to landscape mode, there is a delay and a black screen. It doesn’t appear when I flip the screen from normal to inverted in landscape mode, and from left to right and right to left in portrait mode. This is a ‘bug’ and it has never be fixed by the Xorg/Xrandr Team. Moreover, I’m not the only one to have this problem.

Regards.

Hi Manjaro Team,

I’m come back to you. A bug report was made for this problem on the xorg gitlab, but nobody don’t care. So, if you have time, can you have a look on it ? All the information are here

Otherwise, can you contact the team charged by xorg or xrandr to talk about this problem ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards.