Can removing Noto font be an issue?

Hi,

Since Noto is a system font that ship with the distro, I wanted to know if uninstalling the noto-fonts and noto-fonts-compat packages could be an issue for some apps that might be configured to use it by default (or whatever other reason)?

The reason I want to remove it is that it annoys me that it has some 50+ entries in the font picker that I have to scroll through, and since I only care about rendering the Latin character set, it’s not useful to me.

This should not be major problem.

1 Like

No need to uninstall them. You can disable the visible selection of fonts via the Font Management section in System Settings, under Appearance.

1 Like

I just tried uninstalling it, and it gave me an error saying it is a dependency for matray. So thanks for this solution!

1 Like

Another possibility : [SOLVED] How to uninstall some of noto-fonts? / Applications & Desktop Environments / Arch Linux Forums

1 Like

FYI, that package was removed from the repos recently and can be removed regardless.

I did it this way:

https://forum.manjaro.org/t/how-do-i-remove-all-these-unnecessary-fonts-libreoffice/133089/7?u=johnml

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.