Wrong PIN on Pinephone

If this is on the Plasma Mobile edition, the Setup notified you, that the password should only be numbers.

If you didn’t notice that, or just ignored it, that’s an issue.

You could login via UART and change the user password (the password and PIN are the same thing).

Or you would need to reflash the OS to reset it, since only Plasma 5.22 allows you to change to regular keyboard on the PIN screen, so you can enter your PIN that contains letters.

I did not notice that. That is exactly what happened. I used a password that contained more than just numbers.

How would I log in via UART?

If I chose the reflash method, how would I accomplish that?

For UART setup, check PinePhone - PINE64

And for reflashing see PinePhone Installation Instructions - PINE64

Niether my lap top nor my desktop (both on Windows 10) will recognize my Pine Phone when I plug it into a jack. That is essential to resetting this, is it not?

I can’t believe anyone would create an OS that allows you to create a password/pin that the phone cannot accept. Unbelievable.

What do you mean, not recognize it?
For UART, you need to connect to it, following the guide I linked in the previous post.

Plasma Mobile is capable of using pins/passwords with, from version 5.22 onwards.

1. I am attempting to use the cable that charges the phone. Is that not one of the two options you provided? My comps do not acknowledge it. Also, when I attempt to upload the jump drive, I get an error saying it cannot be downloaded because it could “harm” my device.

2. I don’t see how the Plasma Mobile capabilities are relevant to my situation. My Pine Phone allowed me to enter a Password (latter shown as a PIN) that the OS could not accept as a password/pin. This should not be possible.

I have never used JumpDrive, so I can’t help you there.

It’s relevant, because you say you can’t enter it. But you can. And also, the password is more than suitable for SSH access.
The Phone is a basic Linux box. Linux accepts letters in it’s password. We notify the user, when they create the password/pin, that it should be numbers only. We don’t prohibit using letters, because it can be useful for some. I get that you are upset about this, but it’s how it is.

Why did you buy a Developer/beta phone (clearly marked as such on the Pine64 store page), if you are not aware of this stuff?

The Pine Phone prompted me for a password, which I created, and then required a PIN for access (which allows only digits). I cannot access the phone.

I purchased the phone because my android was in the twightlight of its life, and I was hoping to be able to try and use the Linux OS on a Pine Phone. Being that I had never used Linux before, I wanted to test it on a less expensive product. I never conceived of the possibility that just because it is a beta version, I wouldn’t even have the chance to get into the phone to try out the software.

The phone prompts you to create a password. That’s correct. But it notified you that it should be numbers.

I’m not discussing this anymore. That horse has been beaten to death over and over now.