Failed to build latvia-eid-middleware package

So this 2.0.13-1 version isnt building. Hope here I can find solution.
In console:

Building latvia-eid-middleware...
==> Making package: latvia-eid-middleware 2.0.13-1 (Thu 26 May 2022 10:59:25 EEST)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> Retrieving sources...
  -> Downloading latvia-eid-middleware-2.0.13-1.zip...
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed

0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
curl: (92) HTTP/2 stream 0 was not closed cleanly: INTERNAL_ERROR (err 2)
==> ERROR: Failure while downloading https://www.pmlp.gov.lv/sites/pmlp/files/media_file/latvia-eid_2.0.13-1_ubuntu_0.zip
    Aborting...
Failed to build latvia-eid-middleware

Interesting the .zip is downloadable manually from given site. Any ideas how to overcome the error?
Thanks in advance,

I would suggest storing the manually downloaded .zip file — e.g. in ~/Downloads — and then cd'ing into that directory. Edit the PKGBUILD to refer to the location of the .zip file, and then build the package manually with makepkg.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Makepkg

I have discovered this isn’t pamac, exactly. Rather, it seems to be curl. I get the exact same error when I test the URL with curl, but it works with wget. Is it possible to rather use wget, instead of curl?

Edit:

See

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/wget#pacman_integration

Based on that I’d say change the XferCommand setting in /etc/pacman.conf:

sudo nano /etc/pacman.conf

Change it from:

#XferCommand = /usr/bin/curl -L -C - -f -o %o %u

To

XferCommand = /usr/bin/wget  --passive-ftp -q --show-progress -c -O %o %u

Save, Ctrl+O and exit Ctrl+XY.

Followed by trying again.

Thanks for your input! It would be my first time editing PKGBUILD file, but looks like this is not an option – the .zip has only two .deb files in it:
latvia-eid_2.0.13-1_amd64.deb latvia-eid_2.0.13-1_i386.deb

You could try converting that package into an ALPM package by way of debtap from the AUR. You don’t need the i386 package.

Thank you for clear instructions! Unfortunately, the same curl error occurs. Tried after saving pacman.conf and then after restart.

:frowning:

sudo pacman -U latvia-eid-middleware-2.0.13-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
loading packages...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) latvia-eid-middleware-2.0.13-1

Total Installed Size:  21.65 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:       2.39 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                   [###################################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                                 [###################################] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                                      [###################################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                                [###################################] 100%
(1/1) checking available disk space                              [###################################] 100%
:: Running pre-transaction hooks...
(1/1) Creating Timeshift snapshot before upgrade...
==> skipping timeshift-autosnap due skipRsyncAutosnap in /etc/timeshift-autosnap.conf set to TRUE.
:: Processing package changes...
(1/1) upgrading latvia-eid-middleware                            [###################################] 100%
/tmp/alpm_BJORFE/.INSTALL: line 41: syntax error near unexpected token `then'
/tmp/alpm_BJORFE/.INSTALL: line 41: `	-a -L /usr/lib/eidlv-pkcs11.so ]; then'