Wow! Manjaro is 2nd on distrowatch! Good job guys! You deserve it!

distrowatch

Manjaro is 2nd at page hit ranking on distrowatch, at least on last month’s statistics http://distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=popularity. I think that’s a first!! Congratulations on manjaro team!!! You guys deserve it!!

Going for the jugular

when was this? It showed up in fifth place when I visited the page, just now.

edit: never mind. different data span.

And you haven’t even clicked it according to your screenshot. :persevere:

I realize their writeup is a bit dated -

Manjaro Linux offers Xfce as the core desktop options, as well as a minimalist Net edition for more advanced users. Community-supported GNOME 3/Cinnamon and KDE flavours are available

@eugen-b Hahaha, I clean my browser history quite often, or else I don’'t think there is a distribution on distrowatch that I haven’t clicked on just out of curiosity :smile:

@CykloTronic86 Yep that is just for last month, which I know it is not that important, but it definitely shows a flow in favour of manjaro. However, I expect debian to go 2nd again when debian 9 is released and all youtube channels start reviewing it.

Congratulations to Manjaro team and all community members. Let’s hope that Manjaro will keep this position also in future and we could see it 2nd also in “Last 3 month” and “Last 6 month” scale.

Even for Manjaro to outrank Ubuntu for the 3 month period is huge.

Congratulations

Life is Good on Manjaro

Ubuntu is on its way out. has been so for a while now. It’s a boring distro and Canonical just doesn’t care enough about the desktop anymore and even the LTS releases aren’t all that stable these days either. Maybe that will change now that Ubuntu Phone is out the door and their focus might change back, but I doubt it. Mint has been more popular than Ubuntu for quite a while, rightfully so. It is Ubuntu done right, in a way.

Anyway, I’d rather stick with Manjaro and it is nice to see popularity possibly rising. At the very least interest in Manjaro seems to grow. It definitely deserves it. I just don’t care about popularity much. I’m perfectly fine with using a distro that isn’t popular, just so long as it is good.

anything below 6 months fluctuates wildly. Set to 6 months or one year for a more accurate representation of “How curious people are about manjaro?”

spread the word minions, serve thy lord mueller

Yeah, sure, 6 months’ statistics are more important. But, You cannot be at top (or second) forever, be happy if you managed to be there even for a while :stuck_out_tongue:

Jokes aside, this is still a big achievement since it’s the first time I see manjaro so high up the ladder.

Furthermore, I believe that the 1 month’s statics show the future. I’ve seen distributions like ubuntu, fedrora and opensuse go high for a moment when a new release comes out, but that isn’t much the case for rolling distributions like manjaro. So, I am optimistic that manjaro will keep the 2nd place (or 3rd) at 6 months and 1 year’s statistics, it’s just a matter of time until the results are visible there.

i have seen manjaro at number 1 on several instances, if you reduce the time limit to 7 days :laughing:
Touching the top slot isn’t new or special.

Well, I have the Manjaro Distrowatch space as start page at work and at home and on my notebook (one of 3 pages, but still, a minimum daily count from 2 IPs from me ;))

I’ve always suspected that Manjaro’s rank there is mostly due to cheaters like you. :wink:

somebody fetch me a crucifix

as of right now it surpasses ubuntu on the 6 month span!!!

This is amazing! Just observed this few days ago and was about to open a new thread about this! :slight_smile:

Thanks for making me stop distrohopping Manjaro :slight_smile:

I am pretty sure that we will be the first soon :tada: