Wireless screen mirroring to samsung tv

I’m trying to connect my manjaro KDE laptop to my samsung tv to mirror, use it as a second screen wirelessly.
My phone can do this, windows 10 can do this, manjaro cant do this natively.
Any suggestions on how to get this working?
idealy i would connect to it like androids screencasting which just mirrors the entire screen to the tv.

2 Likes

If you are searching something like Miracast - Wikipedia, then it would be GitHub - albfan/miraclecast: Connect external monitors to your system via Wifi-Display specification also known as Miracast.

pamac build miraclecast-git

While gnome3 has a gui for that: Projects · GNOME / gnome-network-displays · GitLab i found nothing for KDE.

pamac build gnome-network-displays

Ubuntu has it builtin into his Gnome3 DE as “Media share” Option i believe.

(Still never used it ever, i believe in cables at home)

1 Like

I’ve marked the below answer as the solution to your question as it is by far the best answer you’ll get.

However, if you disagree with my choice, please feel free to take any other answer as the solution to your question or even remove the solution altogether: You are in control! (I just want to avoid even more subjective opinions being posted and confusing you even more)

:innocent:
P.S. In the future, please please don’t forget to come back and click the 3 dots below the answer to mark a solution like this below the answer that helped you most :
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.