Where is the .iso.sha1 file?

Hello everybody!
I am trying to install Manjaro Linux in my computer for the first time. I have been using other distros for some years (first Ubuntu, then Mint). I not an expert at all, but I like to learn.
My problem:
I’ve just downloaded the file manjaro-xfce-21.0.4-210506-linux510.iso
In the page 20 of the Manjaro User Guide, talking about checking a downloaded .iso file, it says:
“From this point on we’ll asume you are using the file manjaro-xfce-18.0-stable-x86_64.iso.sha1
Well, I cannot find any manjaro-xfce-21.0.4-210506-linux510.iso.sha1 file in the manjaro.org site.
Help please.
Thanks.

Welcome to the forum! :wink:

The SHA1 checksum can be found on the download page. For the most recent XFCE .iso, the checksum is… :arrow_down:

cf1776d93f3e7d4e362c425a8757b8f57b9b5364
1 Like

Wow! Thank you very much for an ultra fast anwser!
I am sorry Aragorn, but at my age I’ve learnt that I prefer to be tiresome than ignorant.
I am in: Manjaro - XFCE
and I see:
[Download Torrent]
[Download GPG signature]
SHA1: 058930ae297906a8611e6db501d68cc34b710ba1
I can’t find the SHA1 checksum you sent me!

Try force refreshing the page with CTRL+F5. That should show the correct checksum that aragorn mentioned.

2 Likes

1 Like

I have the same problem as ernesto_momento. In the past I have successfully installed Manjaro on several computers and I seem to remember a separate sha1 file was downloaded along with the .iso and did the checksum fine.
But I want to install the current Manjaro on a new computer, and on the Manjaro-XFCE download page there is no actual sha1 file to download, just a line on the webpage starting "SHA1: "
I’ve tried copying that line and making a plain text file of it in the .iso folder, but putting “sha1sum -c manjaro-xfce-21.0.7-210614-linux510.iso” in a terminal window returns “no properly formatted SHA1 checksum lines found”.
How do I create the sha1 file from that line on the webpage (if that’s what I need to do)? If not, what the process for doing the checksum?
Thanks.

sha1sum name-of-the-iso

Compare it to the checksum on the webpage. :man_shrugging:

Thanks, but …
sha1sum: manjaro-xfce-21.0.7-210614-linux510.iso: no properly formatted SHA1 checksum lines found

Solved! From a previous forum search I had put “sha2sum -c name-of-iso” in the terminal. This time I left out the “-c” and it has worked OK, giving me the checksum line to compare.
Cheers.