Wine Submenu Missing or Empty

I have wine 6.10 currently here. I just tried running the irfanview installer w/ wine directly. Y’know, I’m starting to think if I can’t solve why the main prefix isn’t doing the menu stuff, I may just go about manually doing it like you showed above from now on… But I’d prefer figuring out why the main prefix isn’t doing it’s thing, first.

I installed it in custom prefix and it created the files:

ls ~/.local/share/applications/wine/Programs/IrfanView                                    ✔ 
'About IrfanView.desktop'      'Command line Options.desktop'	 'IrfanView Help.desktop'
'Available Languages.desktop'  'IrfanView - Thumbnails.desktop'  'Uninstall IrfanView.desktop'
'Available PlugIns.desktop'    'IrfanView 64 4.58.desktop'	 "What's New.desktop"

Yeah, I guess for some reason custom prefixes are the best way of getting menu stuff right now. Should I try out getting wine-staging perhaps?

I don’t think there will be any fixes. The only think you can do in my experience is just delete the prefix and recreate it, since it is related to the prefix and not wine itself. Save configs of your applications before if needed.

Huh, well, deleting the old prefix worked. Why it was broken in the first place I have no clue, as I never messed with it at all save for when I was installing stuff.

It happens sometimes, when upgrading wine. Yes it updates the prefix on version change, but well, not everything is perfect.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.