Wine doesn't work well

   ~/下载  wine tpsutil.exe                                            ✔ 
0024:err:module:import_dll Library version.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\setupapi.dll") not found
0024:err:module:import_dll Library setupapi.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\user32.dll") not found
0024:err:module:import_dll Library version.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\user32.dll") not found
0024:err:module:import_dll Library user32.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\imm32.dll") not found
0024:err:module:import_dll Library imm32.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\winsxs\\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.2600.2982_none_deadbeef\\comctl32.dll") not found
0024:err:module:import_dll Library version.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\setupapi.dll") not found
0024:err:module:import_dll Library setupapi.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\user32.dll") not found
0024:err:module:import_dll Library version.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\user32.dll") not found
0024:err:module:import_dll Library user32.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\winsxs\\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.2600.2982_none_deadbeef\\comctl32.dll") not found
0024:err:module:import_dll Library comctl32.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\guoyi\\\4e0b\8f7d\\tpsutil.exe") not found
0024:err:module:import_dll Library version.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\guoyi\\\4e0b\8f7d\\tpsutil.exe") not found
0024:err:module:import_dll Library user32.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\guoyi\\\4e0b\8f7d\\tpsutil.exe") not found
0024:err:module:import_dll Library user32.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\combase.dll") not found
0024:err:module:import_dll Library combase.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\ole32.dll") not found
0024:err:module:import_dll Library user32.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\ole32.dll") not found
0024:err:module:import_dll Library ole32.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\oleaut32.dll") not found
0024:err:module:import_dll Library user32.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\oleaut32.dll") not found
0024:err:module:import_dll Library oleaut32.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\guoyi\\\4e0b\8f7d\\tpsutil.exe") not found
0024:err:module:import_dll Library netapi32.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\guoyi\\\4e0b\8f7d\\tpsutil.exe") not found
0024:err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Importing dlls for L"Z:\\home\\guoyi\\\4e0b\8f7d\\tpsutil.exe" failed, status c0000135
    ~/下载  0094:err:rpc:I_RpcReceive we got fault packet with status 0x1c010003

I instll this exe file on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS well but always fail on Manjaro both of KDE and gonome

Same, that’s so strange

Hi @malacology ,
There is a bug reported about this on the following post:
WineHQ Bugzilla – Bug 50867 – wine start /unix stopped working in 6.5

Artem Tashkinov proposed to do the following in order to solve the problem:
cp -a ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/command/start.exe ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/

Another, WinterSnowfall also proposed to do this:
cp -a ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/command/start.exe ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/syswow64/

But the bug still persist, because it seems to be, even with that patch, a binary backwards compability issue; as pointed by Andre Heider.
I can run programs installed but I could not run exe files like winbox.exe which I could run before on wine 6.4 without problems.
So, I think it is not a Manjaro problem BTW.

Hope this help, regards

2 Likes

Thanks for your information. I will try tomorrow. Now it’s time to have a good dream.

Sorry, I would like to know how to use the old version of wine, not the newest?

You’d have to downgrade the package by obtaining the package elsewhere such as the Arch Archive.

But now our wine version is 6.6, have you tried that yet?

1 Like

Right, it doesn’t work, when I use wine on Ubuntu 20.04 2 months ago, it works.

test pac from Index of /packages/w/wine/
6.0 works well
6.1 works well
6.2 works well
6.3 works well
6.4 works well
6.5.1 works well
6.5.2 works well
6.6.1 broken, I think I need to stop update wine

I’ve just hit the same problem with wine-6.6 (Staging) while trying to run winbox (within shell script with just wine /path/to/winbox.exe

Downgrading to 6.5 version (with downgrade) did the trick for now :v:

A good way to stop having issues with Wine, is to stop using Wine directly in your system, and use tools like Lutris (or PlayOnLinux but I don’t really like it personally), to manage and containerize your Wine installations in a fixed state. Lutris is simple to use, once you have set your Wine prefix, selected your Wine version (BTW Lutris offers better Wine version than pure Wine), and set the various possible parameters you just run your applications, nothing changes (OK some system libraries can change but overall the Wine 'block" from Lutris doesn’t change).

Problem from running all application in System directly:

• you can’t manage Wine version properly
  • all application use the same prefix which leads to some requirement conflicts between application sometimes, or plain impossible situations (application XX requires component YY, but other application ZZ can not run if component YY is installed in the prefix)
  • when system updates you have to follow the updates which can then break Wine for you
  • base Wine is not optimized at all and lacks the good patches for modern video games or graphical applications for example
  • and more… unfortunately…

Good things to use Lutris:

• each application has its own prefix meaning you can have perfect customized prefix for each application with their own requirements
  • you can easily switch Wine version for each application, and have patched Wine version available behind a simple click
  • you can easily setup many options/parameters fore each application
  • you have easily accessible tools to work on your application prefix from a menu
  • and more… which is good

:smiley:

1 Like

Now, wine6.7 solve the problem, I don’t know if Manjaro update. Arch now update. Yestday, I switch to Arch.

1 Like

I can’t start stuff inside Lutris prefixes directly from shell, considering winbox is a tool that I want to start quickly (afaik, winbox has wine support by the company).

For anything else (games huh), Lutris is awesome.

You could make an alias in your .bashrc file

alias winbox="lutris lutris:rungameid/xxx"

this way you could run quickly your wine application by using the alias (replace xxx by the proper ID of course, easy way is to create desktop shortcut on desktop from Lutris, and open the desktop file in a text editor to grab the proper run command)?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.