I’ve been using Manjaro for a year now, but I’m still kind of a newbie, as I mostly use the PC for gaming or entertainment, and I’m not very knowledgeable of the inner workings of Linux.
After originally going through a hassle to get Manjaro installed and properly working with my hardware configuration, everything ran great for a long time, I got Steam Proton working without hassle and could also run games outside of steam most of the time with Wine. A couple months ago I updated Manjaro (which I had mostly not done for a while) and after that Wine broke. At first I thought it was related to one particular game (of which an earlier version had worked just fine) so I guessed the latest version was just not compatible, didn’t really try again and went back to my steam games, hoping the next release would work. However, a couple days ago I tried using Wine for some other games and nothing seemed to run. Launching any game or program via Wine would just do nothing for a while and then the PC would become completely unresponsive. When I open KSysGuard, it just shows the memory usage going up until it reaches the max, after which the only thing that helps is a hard reset.
I’ve usually updated via the Add/Remove Software app since I’m not great with the terminal, so my original thought was to just go and update anything wine-related already installed on my machine. Somehow doing that also updated my Kernel version, which for a while made me boot into a black screen (apparently cause the nvidia drivers dont work?), until I googled how to get to the GRUB menu at boot and select my old Kernel (any help on how to revert that update and automatically boot to 5.8 would be also appreciated ). Anyhow, the whole update process didn’t solve the issue either. I’m out of ideas of what to type into Google at this point.
The rules forum said that I should include this in my post, let me know if there’s any other command outputs I need to provide.
System: Kernel: 5.8.18-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 10.2.0 parameters: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-5.8-x86_64 root=UUID=67f3ecf5-6ada-41e5-955d-62f4c47b6bd6 rw quiet apparmor=1 security=apparmor udev.log_priority=3 Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.20.3 tk: Qt 5.15.1 wm: kwin_x11 dm: SDDM Distro: Manjaro Linux Machine: Type: Desktop Mobo: Gigabyte model: B450 AORUS M v: x.x serial: <filter> UEFI [Legacy]: American Megatrends v: F42a date: 07/31/2019 CPU: Info: 6-Core model: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X bits: 64 type: MT MCP arch: Zen+ family: 17 (23) model-id: 8 stepping: 2 microcode: 800820D L2 cache: 3072 KiB flags: avx avx2 lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 sse4a ssse3 svm bogomips: 86259 Speed: 2750 MHz min/max: 2200/3600 MHz boost: enabled Core speeds (MHz): 1: 3302 2: 1952 3: 2028 4: 1939 5: 1981 6: 2004 7: 1899 8: 1886 9: 3670 10: 1906 11: 2673 12: 2191 Vulnerabilities: Type: itlb_multihit status: Not affected Type: l1tf status: Not affected Type: mds status: Not affected Type: meltdown status: Not affected Type: spec_store_bypass mitigation: Speculative Store Bypass disabled via prctl and seccomp Type: spectre_v1 mitigation: usercopy/swapgs barriers and __user pointer sanitization Type: spectre_v2 mitigation: Full AMD retpoline, IBPB: conditional, STIBP: disabled, RSB filling Type: srbds status: Not affected Type: tsx_async_abort status: Not affected Graphics: Device-1: NVIDIA TU116 [GeForce GTX 1660] vendor: Micro-Star MSI driver: nvidia v: 435.21 alternate: nouveau,nvidia_drm bus ID: 06:00.0 chip ID: 10de:2184 Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.9 compositor: kwin_x11 driver: nvidia display ID: :0 screens: 1 Screen-1: 0 s-res: 1920x1080 s-dpi: 94 s-size: 519x292mm (20.4x11.5") s-diag: 596mm (23.4") Monitor-1: DP-2 res: 1920x1080 hz: 60 dpi: 96 size: 509x286mm (20.0x11.3") diag: 584mm (23") OpenGL: renderer: GeForce GTX 1660/PCIe/SSE2 v: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 435.21 direct render: Yes Audio: Device-1: NVIDIA TU116 High Definition Audio vendor: Micro-Star MSI driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus ID: 06:00.1 chip ID: 10de:1aeb Device-2: AMD Family 17h HD Audio vendor: Gigabyte driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus ID: 08:00.3 chip ID: 1022:1457 Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.8.18-1-MANJARO Network: Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet vendor: Gigabyte driver: r8169 v: kernel port: f000 bus ID: 03:00.0 chip ID: 10ec:8168 IF: eno1 state: up speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full mac: <filter> Drives: Local Storage: total: 931.51 GiB used: 782.58 GiB (84.0%) SMART Message: Required tool smartctl not installed. Check --recommends ID-1: /dev/sda vendor: Seagate model: ST1000DM010-2EP102 size: 931.51 GiB block size: physical: 4096 B logical: 512 B speed: 6.0 Gb/s rotation: 7200 rpm serial: <filter> rev: CC43 scheme: MBR Partition: ID-1: / raw size: 931.51 GiB size: 915.89 GiB (98.32%) used: 782.58 GiB (85.4%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda1 Swap: Alert: No Swap data was found. Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 44.5 C mobo: N/A gpu: nvidia temp: 33 C Fan Speeds (RPM): N/A gpu: nvidia fan: 44% Info: Processes: 269 Uptime: 12h 41m Memory: 15.65 GiB used: 2.74 GiB (17.5%) Init: systemd v: 246 Compilers: gcc: 10.2.0 clang: 11.0.0 Packages: pacman: 1472 lib: 403 flatpak: 0 Shell: Bash v: 5.0.18 running in: konsole inxi: 3.1.08